Swype doesn't work, even after reinstall

This is a discussion on Swype doesn't work, even after reinstall within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Swype beta was working fine for me until the OTA update. After the update, no luck. No surprise of course, there are posts everywhere telling ...

Thread: Swype doesn't work, even after reinstall

Swype doesn't work, even after reinstall

Swype beta was working fine for me until the OTA update. After the update, no luck.

No surprise of course, there are posts everywhere telling me that I will need to reinstall after an OS update. I did the reinstall and still no luck.

I've tried every tip I can find posted on the web including uninstalling both swype & swype installer, deleting all Swype related files on my download folder of the SD card, rebooting, getting a new e-mail from Swype with a fresh link to the installer, and reinstalling. I've done it all multiple times, still no joy.

Everything seems to install fine and I can check the box to enable swype. I even get the warning message from Android telling me that "this input method may be able to collect all text..." which I click OK to. But when I try to enter text somewhere I still have the old Android keyboard. No way to enable Swype that I've found.

Anyone else with these strange symptoms? Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

OK, it figures, I've been struggling with this for a couple days now and just after I post my question I finally find the answer myself.

If you run into this problem, the trick is to open an application that takes text input and press anywhere on the text entry field until a menu pops up. At the bottom of the menu should be an entry labeled 'input method'. Hit that and it will allow you to choose swype.

Once you select it for one application it seems to be the default for other apps.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links