touchscreen calibration

This is a discussion on touchscreen calibration within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Don't know if this is common knowledge, but as I was having a couple of issues with my touchscreen (like pressing one part of it ...

Thread: touchscreen calibration

Lightbulb touchscreen calibration

Don't know if this is common knowledge, but as I was having a couple of issues with my touchscreen (like pressing one part of it but it selecting another, or trying to select an app and it drags the notification bar down), I looked into calibrating the touchscreen, and I found that a soft reset was supposed to help calibrate the screen again. So did it, and my touchscreen is working a LOT better now, I haven't had those issues. If you are having issues I suggest giving it a go.

To soft reset: with phone on, hold power button, volume down button and trackball at the same time.

Alternatively if you download this HTC keyboard app, apparently it can calibrate your touchscreen if you are having trouble with keyboard input. I'm downloading it now to try it out:
    * note - its a zip file, need to extract *
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624416

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Or you can just turn the screen off and back on again.
    Androidfied.

How is soft resetting using the three buttons different from turning the phone off and turning it back on again?

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyG28 View Post
    How is soft resetting using the three buttons different from turning the phone off and turning it back on again?
    Lol, guess there's not much difference after looking into it. I was reading from the Google forum that a while ago that people were having same problem, and the official Google line was 'do a soft reset'. But thinking about it, I hadn't turned my phone on and off in a couple of days, so this was probably what caused it.

Downloaded and installed the HTC ime app, it works really good, but when I try to calibrate screen it force closes <sigh >. I think I'll keep it though, it has some good features.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links