App uninstalled from N1, but still showing in market...

This is a discussion on App uninstalled from N1, but still showing in market... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So, I have U-stream viewer, and U-stream broadcaster on my phone, I uninstalled them and it is still in my market under downloads. It doesn't ...

Thread: App uninstalled from N1, but still showing in market...

App uninstalled from N1, but still showing in market...

So, I have U-stream viewer, and U-stream broadcaster on my phone, I uninstalled them and it is still in my market under downloads. It doesn't show as installed though. So, how do I get rid of it from my download list??

Also, their is an app that updated this morning, and I hit update, and it's been trying to download all day but it's not doing anything. So I went and hit cancel, and it force closes my market. So, I guess it's just stuck.

Any ideas much appreciated!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mah
    If you paid for the app, even though you uninstalled it, it will show in your downloads list (and you can reinstall it without paying again).

If you did not pay for the app, it will come out of your downloads list on its own; I'm not sure when. It may require you to kill the market app (use the back button several times until you get to a different app, but do not use the home button as a shortcut since that does things differently).

Sometimes app updates don't take on the first try; google's Market seems flaky at times. I've had times when the download progress stayed still (at zero) even though I got a notification that the replacement had downloaded and installed.

Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    If you paid for the app, even though you uninstalled it, it will show in your downloads list (and you can reinstall it without paying again).

If you did not pay for the app, it will come out of your downloads list on its own; I'm not sure when. It may require you to kill the market app (use the back button several times until you get to a different app, but do not use the home button as a shortcut since that does things differently).

Sometimes app updates don't take on the first try; google's Market seems flaky at times. I've had times when the download progress stayed still (at zero) even though I got a notification that the replacement had downloaded and installed.
    That's what I don't get though. It's the U-stream app, so it's free, and it's been stuck in my downloads for almost a week. I've tried everything possible and it just won't leave my downloads.

Try this go to Settings, Application, Manage Applications, and find the app and uninstall
    And turn off and turn on your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by lionsson View Post
    Try this go to Settings, Application, Manage Applications, and find the app and uninstall
    And turn off and turn on your phone.
    I tried that, absolutely nothing worked.

I fixed it though. I had to reinstall both of them, and than uninstall them and restart my phone and that got them out.

Definently a Market bug. That or it was U-Steam problem with their app being uninstalled.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links