The frustrations of owning the Nexus One

This is a discussion on The frustrations of owning the Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by dudewithaplan I guess I thought froyo gave us the 720 vid capability once an app comes out on the market. Now wouldn't ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The frustrations of owning the Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    I guess I thought froyo gave us the 720 vid capability once an app comes out on the market.

Now wouldn't that be amazing .. lol

yes, the 720p recording is the big one for me too.

I see what you are saying about the cool factor of a phone not many have heard of. the lack of awareness/lack of advertising I only listed because I keep having this stupid conversation:

"Wow, awesome phone! Is that the Droid Incredible?"
    "No, it's the Nexus One."
    "I've never heard of that. Is it better than the Incredible?"
    "Well, they are almost the same phone."
    "Yeah, but Droid has that Android thing!"
    "This runs Android too. And a newer version than Incredible."
    "I heard Incredible has an 8 megapixel camera!"
    "Yeah, this one has 5 megapixels."
    "Whoa, only 5?"
    "Independent tests show that because my lens is better, mine actually takes better looking pictures."
    "Uh huh but I think 8 is better, because that's like EVEN MORE MEGS!"
    "Neat."
    "You should get an Incredible, I'm getting one soon."
    "I think this phone is as good, if not better than Incredible."
    "Yeah right man. Droid is on TV all the time!"
    "Goodbye."

Quote Originally Posted by jdallac View Post

I see what you are saying about the cool factor of a phone not many have heard of. the lack of awareness/lack of advertising I only listed because I keep having this stupid conversation:

"Whoa, only 5?"
    "Independent tests show that because my lens is better, mine actually takes better looking pictures."
    "Neat."
    "Goodbye."

Lol Unfortunately....this is most scenarios =). I think of it this way: THEY are the unlucky ones. They as in GOOGLE and future(possible) N1 owners.

We are experiencing an excellent phone and others are still being fanboys and clinging to 'AWE Commercials' for their new phone.

We are the lucky ones, With or without mainstream advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by jdallac View Post

"Whoa, only 5?"
    "Neat."
    "Goodbye."
    :rofl3: sounds like an iphone user to me. Not you but the guy giving the dump response.

I like my Sexy Nexy. I know I have had a BIG influence on what phones people at my work place has bought (1 just bought the Evo which is WAY over his head tech wise). I sometimes tell folks at work I should have a Android phone 101 class to show what power of a phone they have.

Nice thing is the N1 is that is it, in my opinion, a TRUE Android system. ATT/Tmo/Sprint etc etc has not touched it..has none of their crap-ware on it or they decide what works and what dose not with google etc etc. It comes down to if you like the phone great..if not then there are mutitude of phones out there to try.

Nice thing about Android is with a little tech knowledge you can get so many differ rooted roms and have the phone how YOU want it.

Also for basic use the vid/camera is more than fine when I am on the go and need to take a vid or some snapshots on the spot.. now if I am on vacation or at a convention..odds are I have my killer camera that can awesome pics and also does 720 video. I dont expect to have a whole entire sound system/movie system built in my N1 or any type of phone for that reason.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Let me explain this as best as possible w/o sounding agressive.

You are trying to compare a phone that is already 6 months old. Do you understand the amount of update in hardware that comes out in 6 months? And that's not including the amount of months prior to this phone being tested out before it was officially annouced and released. The specs and build of this phone was first of it's kind that started all the craziness.

Granted 720 would be a nice features, but why complain about a phone that doesn't support when there are 2 out now that does and x amount coming out in the following months. Phones are in the technology boom phase as computers were in the 2000. Just because the phone can handle it doesn't mean it's stability will stay consistent. Nobody even cared about HD until it's now it's the new thing phones are getting. Once again, you're talking about a phone that is over 6 mos old already. If the stability was really that good, it would have better FPS from the Dev who are rooting it. Just because I can push my car 120 mph doesn't mean it's gonna stay stable at that speed.

As far as advertisement, what else do you want Google to do? Once again, this phone is over 6 mos over and if I'm not mistaken, they BEEN had commercials on TV, been advertising this phone ad after ad after ad on websites. I mean what more do you want them to do? Once again, the phone is over 6 mos old. You got website after website talking about Nexus One getting Froyo first. This phone has been shoved in people's face more than you think. It's been compared to iPhone 3gs numerous articles after articles.

Truth is, there's a new set of generation phones out there now. Phones that now offer 720 HD, HDMI, 4G, revived front face camera. That's is what the focus is now. Even if N1 gets 720 HD, it doesn't matter cause it's no longer the phone that is the pinnacle of Google Android phones. It did what it was meant to do, and that is set off a revolution of new standards in smartphone.

Enjoy the phone for what it is, and stop building up the phone to be more than what it needs to be.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Yeah seems like a terrible phone now that you opened my eyes to the truth :rolleyes:

Probably best if you just return it then for a much better phone like an iPhone instead of having to whine and cry :D
    He didn't even mention the IPhone nor returning the N1!

Who hurt you?
    Why does this forum have so many posters who feel threatened by the IPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Let me explain this as best as possible w/o sounding agressive.

You are trying to compare a phone that is already 6 months old. Do you understand the amount of update in hardware that comes out in 6 months? And that's not including the amount of months prior to this phone being tested out before it was officially annouced and released. The specs and build of this phone was first of it's kind that started all the craziness.

Granted 720 would be a nice features, but why complain about a phone that doesn't support when there are 2 out now that does and x amount coming out in the following months. Phones are in the technology boom phase as computers were in the 2000. Just because the phone can handle it doesn't mean it's stability will stay consistent. Nobody even cared about HD until it's now it's the new thing phones are getting. Once again, you're talking about a phone that is over 6 mos old already. If the stability was really that good, it would have better FPS from the Dev who are rooting it. Just because I can push my car 120 mph doesn't mean it's gonna stay stable at that speed.

As far as advertisement, what else do you want Google to do? Once again, this phone is over 6 mos over and if I'm not mistaken, they BEEN had commercials on TV, been advertising this phone ad after ad after ad on websites. I mean what more do you want them to do? Once again, the phone is over 6 mos old. You got website after website talking about Nexus One getting Froyo first. This phone has been shoved in people's face more than you think. It's been compared to iPhone 3gs numerous articles after articles.

Truth is, there's a new set of generation phones out there now. Phones that now offer 720 HD, HDMI, 4G, revived front face camera. That's is what the focus is now. Even if N1 gets 720 HD, it doesn't matter cause it's no longer the phone that is the pinnacle of Google Android phones. It did what it was meant to do, and that is set off a revolution of new standards in smartphone.

Enjoy the phone for what it is, and stop building up the phone to be more than what it needs to be.
    i totally agree with what you are saying except the advertising part. this phone was not advertised nearly as much as iphone or droid. It was never on TV and MOST avarage consumers dont go to androidcentral.com and engadget.com so no they havent heard of it and most likely havent searched nexus1 vs iphone on youtube.

About 720p i have it with the cyanogen build rom 5.0.8 and trust me it is no different than your regular camera. i dont think the lense on the nexus is made to support hd or something because 720p on the iphone looks much better. maybe if you play it on a bigger screen you can tell the difference but as it stands 720p on my nexus isnt any different quality than what it was before.
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Dude, when the N1 was released a couple of those options you mention were not even being mentioned as possible options. The Incredible was released about 5 months after the N1 which in cell phone time is an eternity. Updating an os does not always allow for hardware advancements. If those features are important to you then you need to upgrade to a recently released phone.

IN GOD (and Google) do I trust

Google has always grown through word of mouth

No amount of advertising helped MSN or Yahoo gain back 72% of the search engineering that Google now commands

The only thing any skeptics need to be shown to be blown away is a single URL (preferably on your N1)

WWW. Google. com / phone

Plain, simple and powerful

Just like Google's home page ... arguably the world's most sought after (but still unattainable) piece of advertising real estate

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links