The frustrations of owning the Nexus One

This is a discussion on The frustrations of owning the Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; It sounds like a PC spec war... touch screen problem? I barely notice it... i don't play game radio? i don't really listen.. but i ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The frustrations of owning the Nexus One

It sounds like a PC spec war...

touch screen problem? I barely notice it... i don't play game

radio? i don't really listen.. but i think flycast is available for android too?

HD video shooting... 12 MP point shoot camera can't shoot as good picture as 6MP DSLR... Flip HD doesn't take as good video as non-HD camcorder...

Video out, to play movie? to have power point through the phone? Don't we all have a laptop anyway?

Advertising? I don't watch TV at all so I'm not sure how frequently Droid or iPhone ads are on air but mainly they are possible due to carrier's support.T-Mobile doesn't even sell Nexus One at their store and even many workers don't really know it well and AT&T? hah, they'll never be up in the front line of android as long as they are the sole carrier of iPhone. So now here's the question, why would google spit out so much money to advertise when they know it has done the job they insisted Nexus One to do?

There's no perfect phone and won't be any unless it can be fully customized per consumer. I can understand your frustrations, I used to be like that when I built my own towers. but Google being laziness? lack of love for Nexus One? You have to remember that Google doesn't only make money from sales of Nexus One. Google still makes money from every sale of a phone that has Android OS. Why do you think Google canceled Verizon version of Nexus One? If Nexus One released in January/February it'd make sense.. i'td have 2 months of gap between droid, nexus one, and incredible, although i think 2 months are still too short to shift their focuses... they wouldn't be recouped the costs of advertisements. Anywho, When identical speced "Incredible" coming out Google really didn't need to release Nexus One. They still make money selling incredible...

Nexus One is still Google's pinnacle piece. I'm just glad all google engineers code and test on nexus one. All the actual OS updates comes out to Nexus One first.

Anyway, I love my nexus one. I'd want to ask you all those functions you are desiring, how often do you use them? It's like downloading an app that use once in every few months... I took like 2 video clips since I got my phone on January 6th... I barely listen to radio. Even if i do, i i'll be in a car where I have a radio already or simply connect to internet and stream it live. I don't play game on my phone at all... If it they are must, then I have to tell you i'm sorry but you got the wrong phone haha.... If they are once a while thing, don't get frustrated by them much since they are not much of deals to you in daily use =)

yes, it is true that many of these features I probably use very rarely. But I don't think I picked the wrong phone for emulator games. When I'm on the go, I can use the trackball as a d-pad and it is pretty responsive. Better than a trackpad would be I think. For a longer trip I use a wiimote via blutooth and games play flawlessly. Now if I could only hook up my super mario to a TV screen when I get somewhere I would be one happy camper

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining that these features are not there, what is frustrating to me is that I think they COULD be there. The FM for instance...since we know there is an FM receiver in there, why is it not active? Can google just issue a statement that says either "Someday it WILL be enabled" or "It is impossible to EVER enable it." instead we just get statements like "There isn't FM enabled this phone." no duh.

Maybe part of it is that my girlfriend's tiny little Aria has FM and mine...could possibly have it, but doesn't at the moment. And I'm not sure if it ever will. Not something I will use much. But hey, if it is IN there...might it work someday?

Even though the nexus is lacking somethings, its still an awesome phone. I still like the fact that it isn't main stream. I have yet to see someone else use one in my area use one and I like the fact that when I tell people I have a nexus one, they don't know what it is hahahaha

I read somewhere that the multitouch problems (honestly I've played a few games on my N1 with multitouch and really didn't have any problems, maybe I just didn't notice it) CAN be easily fixed with a hack. I think it was the person who makes Cyanogen that found out about it. About the radio, aren't there radio apps that can play webradio AND local radio? I'm pretty sure there are.

And really, why would you even WANT to listen to local radio? It's pretty much 50% of the time advertisement and music played is what they get payed to play, not what's actually good, AND they repeat the same songs a billion times. You would do much better by putting your own music on your phone and running random playlists, or listening to the much better option of the webradios. But that's my two cents, do what you like.

FM

I use online "onlineradio" app. Hundreds of channels worldwide even some local channels in the L.A. area, no complaints awesome!

Wink A.s.s.*

MediaShift . Customer Support Face-Off: Nexus One Hell vs. Apple Heaven | PBS

Adding fuel to the fire ... :D

*A.S.S = After Sales Service

Quote Originally Posted by RickShake View Post
    I read somewhere that the multitouch problems (honestly I've played a few games on my N1 with multitouch and really didn't have any problems, maybe I just didn't notice it) CAN be easily fixed with a hack. I think it was the person who makes Cyanogen that found out about it. About the radio, aren't there radio apps that can play webradio AND local radio? I'm pretty sure there are.

And really, why would you even WANT to listen to local radio? It's pretty much 50% of the time advertisement and music played is what they get payed to play, not what's actually good, AND they repeat the same songs a billion times. You would do much better by putting your own music on your phone and running random playlists, or listening to the much better option of the webradios. But that's my two cents, do what you like.
    It was my understanding that, yes, the multi-touch problem could be fixed by software, but that fix would then impinge on patents owned by Apple.

There are some good college stations out there, but typically you have to be right next door to them to listen to them - like "WJUL - Almost as many watts as your toaster" or "WJUL - Almost as many watts as your hair dryer".

Now what I would really like would be an app that can handle many or all of the different radio streaming formats out there.

Quote Originally Posted by RickShake View Post
    I read somewhere that the multitouch problems (honestly I've played a few games on my N1 with multitouch and really didn't have any problems, maybe I just didn't notice it) CAN be easily fixed with a hack. I think it was the person who makes Cyanogen that found out about it.
    Wow. Can anyone confirm or dis-confirm this?
    Has Cyanogen or someone similar fixed the multitouch issue with some software improvement?

Okay, this post is exactly why I think some people shouldn't be allowed to buy expensive electronics. I've had my phone since May, it's never left my house without a case and I've only dropped it once. Why can't people be more careful with their electronics? It's a cell phone, not a basketball, you can't just drop it against the ground and expect it not to have something broken on it. TAKE BETTER CARE OF YOUR STUFF!

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyscislo View Post
    Okay, this post is exactly why I think some people shouldn't be allowed to buy expensive electronics. I've had my phone since May, it's never left my house without a case and I've only dropped it once. Why can't people be more careful with their electronics? It's a cell phone, not a basketball, you can't just drop it against the ground and expect it not to have something broken on it. TAKE BETTER CARE OF YOUR STUFF!

/rant
    yeah but regardless of that, accidents do happen. I wanna know why the hell someone at HTC thought it was ok to send the phone in un-repaired and without the back cover? thats terrible customer service.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links