How long should it last?

This is a discussion on How long should it last? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; The battery that is, how long should it last before discharging completely? Heres my scenario, wifi always on, i have various wifi dependant apps such ...

Thread: How long should it last?

How long should it last?

The battery that is, how long should it last before discharging completely? Heres my scenario, wifi always on, i have various wifi dependant apps such as gmail, company email, twitter, 3banana, chrome to phone google voice. gps is disabled and battery status report wifi using 25%-35% battery followed by display and cell stand by. With froyo 2.2 frf91 i'm getting like 1 day battery life, with 2.1 i was getting 2-3 days.
    running apps report google maps, fring which i did use but closed them. Nexus one specs say it should run for longer Nexus One Phone - Feature overview & Technical specifications

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you own a laptop you can answer your own question. Cellphones are basically a small laptop, and I don't know of any laptops getting more than 1 day of battery life unless everything is shut off and you never wake the screen up. I read about 3-4 hours of information on Android and smartphones every day and all information out there is consistently reporting less than a full day when used moderately. Even the almighty icrap gets less than a day with moderate use.

How were you able to get more than a day of battery life? I have never been able to get more than a day before getting to 10-20%

Quote Originally Posted by raccord View Post
    How were you able to get more than a day of battery life? I have never been able to get more than a day before getting to 10-20%
    +1

+all smartphones these days only get 1 day when actually using the phone
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links