Considering the Nexus One...Help Appreciated

This is a discussion on Considering the Nexus One...Help Appreciated within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by husnain17 i bought my n1 recently and i am totally surprized by the way it performs....its super fast and smooth... as soon ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Considering the Nexus One...Help Appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by husnain17 View Post
    i bought my n1 recently and i am totally surprized by the way it performs....its super fast and smooth...
    as soon as i inserted the sim card, and switched on my phone i had the updates ready to be installed.......

i am really in love with my n1..:D:D:D:D

Welcome to freedom =) haha.

You guys have been very helpful. In fact you've convinced me to not wait until August to get the phone. I was planning on keeping my iPhone 3GS just in case I needed an iPhone app or a good music player but I have changed my mind. I'll list my iPhone on craigslist and see if I can get a Nexus On sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by Lendmeyoureers View Post
    You guys have been very helpful. In fact you've convinced me to not wait until August to get the phone. I was planning on keeping my iPhone 3GS just in case I needed an iPhone app or a good music player but I have changed my mind. I'll list my iPhone on craigslist and see if I can get a Nexus On sooner!
    I'm serious, the only regret I have is that I never bought the N1 sooner. I sold my 16gb White 3GS on eBay for $399.

Overall, without being totally biased, I recommend the N1 over the iPhone 3GS and 4. More freedom, full customization, and REAL multitasking..Not to mention again the Tethering, WiFi hotspot and access to every aspect of the phone. I give it to the iPhone with it's new retina screen. It is veryyyyy nice and beats almost all phones. I also give it to the iPhone with it's beautiful 720p HD recording and iMovie app. However, the N1 can obtain 720p recording with just a few minor tweaks =).

Keep us updated when/if you order a Nexus One!

How is the web browser on this phone? I know it received multi-touch after an update, how does that perform?

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    How is the web browser on this phone? I know it received multi-touch after an update, how does that perform?
    Much improved with 2.2. 2.1 was good but they touched up on small mulitouch issues. Full featured flash off course. If you're not worried about flash, you always have the option to turn it off. Plus with the openess of Android you have option to use more than just one browser. My recommendation of the better ones are Skyfire and Opera. Skyfire will support flash but Opera wont. But stock is great w/ or w/o flash. Skyfire is great cause if you still want to watch video and not use flash, Skyfire has the option to look at video through a tab that's on it. Great program as far as I'm concerned. Why Apple refused to let browser be more open on iOS is beyond my comprehension. I honestly don't think they just like SkyFire cause they support flash videos. Whatever.

Let us know what other question got.
    Androidfied.

The web browser is freaking awesome! It is easily the best web browsing experience you will have on a mobile device. The browser is faster than Iphone4 and the Ipad and with the ability to view flash content thanks to froyo you won't be disappointed. I love being able to go to a website and getting the full desktop version.

Another selling point of android that I didn't see mentioned in this thread is the non intrusive way notifications are handled.

Thanks Everybody!

Android, there are web browsers available for download through the app store, but I personally haven't used them so I can't comment on their quality, although I do know that Opera is available. Flash isn't a huge deal for me though I must admit that it would be nice to have, just in case. Safari on the iPhone is the single most app I use the most. I can't stress enough how important web browsing on my mobile device is to me, it's probably the main reason I haven't switched yet, because I was afraid of a worse browsing experience.

Gedi, Yes the iPhone notification system may be the number 2 reason I'm switching. After 4 phones and 3 major OS upgrades they still haven't done anything about them. Absolutely putrid. I was really excited about the hardware the iPhone 4 uses, it truly is a great looking/feeling device. However, I was hoping for an OS overhaul and that didn't happen, now I'm moving on to Android.

I'm planning on ordering one here in the next few days, hopefully my iPhone 3GS and 3G sell quickly so I can get this darn thing! I'm such a tech geek and the openness of Android along with the customization of it has me psyched. I'm chomping at the bit to get this phone!

I suppose I should have posted in the Galaxy S forum to see what they had to say about the head to head between it and the Nexus One, I'm assuming there is biased here lol. However, getting the one Android phone that doesn't have to wait 6 months to get the latest operating system update has me sold! Do you think the Nexus One will be able to run Gingerbread?

Thanks again guys, great answers and no BS like on MacRumors.

P.S. Does the Nexus One play well with Macs?

Thanks Everybody!

Android, there are web browsers available for download through the app store, but I personally haven't used them so I can't comment on their quality, although I do know that Opera is available. Flash isn't a huge deal for me though I must admit that it would be nice to have, just in case. Safari on the iPhone is the single most app I use the most. I can't stress enough how important web browsing on my mobile device is to me, it's probably the main reason I haven't switched yet, because I was afraid of a worse browsing experience.

Gedi, Yes the iPhone notification system may be the number 2 reason I'm switching. After 4 phones and 3 major OS upgrades they still haven't done anything about them. Absolutely putrid. I was really excited about the hardware the iPhone 4 uses, it truly is a great looking/feeling device. However, I was hoping for an OS overhaul and that didn't happen, now I'm moving on to Android.

I'm planning on ordering one here in the next few days, hopefully my iPhone 3GS and 3G sell quickly so I can get this darn thing! I'm such a tech geek and the openness of Android along with the customization of it has me psyched. I'm chomping at the bit to get this phone!

I suppose I should have posted in the Galaxy S forum to see what they had to say about the head to head between it and the Nexus One, I'm assuming there is biased here lol. However, getting the one Android phone that doesn't have to wait 6 months to get the latest operating system update has me sold! Do you think the Nexus One will be able to run Gingerbread?

Thanks again guys, great answers and no BS like on MacRumors.

P.S. Does the Nexus One play well with Macs?

The browser speed on the Nexus One has proven to be very fast. There are multiple videos on youtube testing the speed of the Nexus One vs ENTERPHONEHERE .. lol ..

With that being said, my experience with the browser is very positive. The multitouch has definitely improved from 2.1 but as AndroidIsTheTruth said, 2.1 was damn good too!

You will get bias on this forum, but it usually good bias. Many are previous iPhone owners, just as myself. The iPhone is an incredible device and definitely set the bar in many areas........but, the Nexus One outclasses it clearly.

The Nexus One will be able to run Gingerbread when released. Actually, the Nexus One will most likely be the first device to receive it, just as with FroYo. There are articles stating that Gingerbread requires a minimum of 1Ghz processor and at least 512mb of RAM. This has been proved false. Google shot down those 'Requirements' here: Google Denies Rumors about Gingerbread | Best Mobile Contracts

Even if, the Nexus One would be able to handle any requirement Gingerbread may have had. As it says in the article if there were minimum requirements, many top-end android phones would be out of the question. According to the rumors, phones would need a 4 inch TFT capacitive touch screen. That alone shoots down many high-end phones.

So in all, hurry up and sell those iPhone's and get yourself a Nexus!:nexusx:

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I wouldn't necessarily say bias mostly everyone here has came from other phones. I personally was drawn to nexus because of its powerful specs and the AMOLED screen that I witnessed with the Samsung Impression. I had 2 ipod touch and never wanted the iphone because it lacked so much features that are finally be implemented now after 4 years. When you have a Nokia smart phone and see what iphone offered it was clear it sucked as a phone. Ipod great. Iphone not so much. I have high expectations in what I want my phone to do. I regreted buying that samsung. I tried the backflip and it couldn't hold its weight. Now I'm home. I couldn't be anymore happier.

I don't know if you guys care, but thought I would give a little update. I'm having issues selling my two iPhones (maybe people are wising up!), so I have had even more time to consider my two options. My biggest plus I was giving to the Galaxy S Captivate was that it had a (slightly) larger screen and the Super AMOLED technology. However the Nexus One has a great screen (at the same resolution I believe) in it's own right. If I were coming from a iPhone 3G and was choosing between a 3GS or an iPhone 4, and screen was my biggest want, it would be a no brainer. Going from 480x320 resolution on a 3G/3GS to the Retina display on the iPhone 4 is like drinking Colt 45's all your life then someone giving you a Ayinger Brau Weisse, it's life changing. Having said that, I'm coming from the 3GS and its 320x480 resolution, so a jump to 480x800 resolution on the Nexus One or Galaxy S is a pretty darn good leap. My point is, the Nexus One and Galaxy S would present me with the same, wow that screen is gorgeous reaction, no matter which I choose because I'm coming from the 3GS. So anyway, that's how I've convinced myself that the screen is no big deal, not when the difference is relatively small between the two Android devices, but comparatively larger on the jump between the 3GS and those same devices.

As far as TouchWiz goes, the more I see of it, the more it looks like a cheap Chinese knockoff of the iPhone. I remember watching videos for those crazy, blatantly copyright infringement phones Chinese manufacturers were pumping out a couple years ago, and the first time I saw the Galazy S it's all I could think about. One of the main reasons I'm switching to Android is the vanilla UI I saw for the first time on the Nexus One. I'm tired of iOS, and I feel if I buy the Galaxy S, it will be more of the same.

So I guess what I'm saying is, if anybody has a used Nexus they want to give me I'm cool with that. I mean I wouldn't complain or anything. :rofl3:

On a more serious note, I'm still leaning towards the Nexus One and you guys are a big reason behind that, you've been great answering all my questions. I'm still going to head to AT&T and check out the Galaxy S on Sunday (unless those iPhones sell before then!) and then make my final decision. If I think of any more questions I'll ask!

Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links