Considering the Nexus One...Help Appreciated

This is a discussion on Considering the Nexus One...Help Appreciated within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Lendmeyoureers I don't know if you guys care, but thought I would give a little update. I'm having issues selling my two ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Considering the Nexus One...Help Appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Lendmeyoureers View Post
    I don't know if you guys care, but thought I would give a little update. I'm having issues selling my two iPhones (maybe people are wising up!), so I have had even more time to consider my two options. My biggest plus I was giving to the Galaxy S Captivate was that it had a (slightly) larger screen and the Super AMOLED technology. However the Nexus One has a great screen (at the same resolution I believe) in it's own right. If I were coming from a iPhone 3G and was choosing between a 3GS or an iPhone 4, and screen was my biggest want, it would be a no brainer. Going from 480x320 resolution on a 3G/3GS to the Retina display on the iPhone 4 is like drinking Colt 45's all your life then someone giving you a Ayinger Brau Weisse, it's life changing. Having said that, I'm coming from the 3GS and its 320x480 resolution, so a jump to 480x800 resolution on the Nexus One or Galaxy S is a pretty darn good leap. My point is, the Nexus One and Galaxy S would present me with the same, wow that screen is gorgeous reaction, no matter which I choose because I'm coming from the 3GS. So anyway, that's how I've convinced myself that the screen is no big deal, not when the difference is relatively small between the two Android devices, but comparatively larger on the jump between the 3GS and those same devices.

As far as TouchWiz goes, the more I see of it, the more it looks like a cheap Chinese knockoff of the iPhone. I remember watching videos for those crazy, blatantly copyright infringement phones Chinese manufacturers were pumping out a couple years ago, and the first time I saw the Galazy S it's all I could think about. One of the main reasons I'm switching to Android is the vanilla UI I saw for the first time on the Nexus One. I'm tired of iOS, and I feel if I buy the Galaxy S, it will be more of the same.

So I guess what I'm saying is, if anybody has a used Nexus they want to give me I'm cool with that. I mean I wouldn't complain or anything. :rofl3:

On a more serious note, I'm still leaning towards the Nexus One and you guys are a big reason behind that, you've been great answering all my questions. I'm still going to head to AT&T and check out the Galaxy S on Sunday (unless those iPhones sell before then!) and then make my final decision. If I think of any more questions I'll ask!

Thanks!
    Don't be vulnerable walking into that AT&T store or you could be walking out with a phone that you may regret. You know how cell phone associates are! Actually, they may push the iPhone 4 on you. That's when you mention to them the inevitable recall that is forthcoming--> PR Experts: iPhone 4 Hardware Recall Is “Inevitable” | Cult of Mac

Just keep your up your guard and hurry up and join the Nexus One community! =) :nexusx:

Of course this would happen to me. I finally decide on the Android device I want and they discontinue it. I won't be able to get the phone for a few weeks, do you think they will still have some in by then, or am I wasting my time? This completely sucks.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendmeyoureers View Post
    Of course this would happen to me. I finally decide on the Android device I want and they discontinue it. I won't be able to get the phone for a few weeks, do you think they will still have some in by then, or am I wasting my time? This completely sucks.
    Look at it like this.

The phone will still be supported, will still be repaired, will still be updated, just not sold anymore which is absolutely great IMO cause less people to have it. I love and have always loved phones that not everyone has. I wouldn't even know if anyone in Austin has this phone. No care.

And beside what phone has anyone had that lasted at least 3 years in the phone world. Don't let a great phone being discontinued discourage you. What make the phone great is that the OS is support, not just the phone. So the OS will always stay updated as long as it can handle the specs. Eventually like any phone, it will out live it's glorious life. Just like the Droid is about to witness, as the iPhone 1g and 3g did, as any other phone. You can get the Captivate and something will outdo it and Samsung has a horrible history of not updating their phones.
    Androidfied.

Well I would like to thank Samsung for making my choice easier. Apparently a lot of people are complaining about significant lag on their Captivates, so that settles that. My phone auction on EBAY ends in a few hours, then (if it sells) I'll go ahead and order the Nexus One. Thanks to everyone who replied and helped!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links