32gb Micro SD problems with Nexus One

This is a discussion on 32gb Micro SD problems with Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; The fact that your PC says there are 32GB free doesn't mean anything. I suggest you check your SD card with h2testw: Test and Detect ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 32gb Micro SD problems with Nexus One

The fact that your PC says there are 32GB free doesn't mean anything. I suggest you check your SD card with h2testw:

Test and Detect Fake or Counterfeit USB Flash Drives Bought from eBay with H2testw Raymond.CC Blog

It's designed for USD drives but can also check memory cards. I have purchased a branded 16GB memory card from eBay a few months ago, my PC also says there are 16GB free and it turned out to be a fake with only 4GB .

Jim

Sounds like OP did get taken on the card....

If it sounds too good to be true......Walk away from it.

Nice, but still a bit pricey.....

I paid $40 for a good 16GB card recently, so $200 for double the space is a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by GandJim View Post
    The fact that your PC says there are 32GB free doesn't mean anything. I suggest you check your SD card with h2testw:

Test and Detect Fake or Counterfeit USB Flash Drives Bought from eBay with H2testw Raymond.CC Blog

It's designed for USD drives but can also check memory cards. I have purchased a branded 16GB memory card from eBay a few months ago, my PC also says there are 16GB free and it turned out to be a fake with only 4GB .

Jim
    Yeah, as I said I have tried H2testw and it says "now checking to verify you have a full 8gb on this 8gb card"

I'm not sure if that means "you have an 8gb card" or "you have accidentally formatted a 32gb card to 8gb so that is all this program can check"

They have offered me an exchange or refund (guess which I picked....REFUND!). I'll let you all know how it goes.

honestly, my 16gb card is enough. I just wanted ALL my mp3's and a few movies too, to really show off the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jdallac View Post
    Yeah, as I said I have tried H2testw and it says "now checking to verify you have a full 8gb on this 8gb card"
    Ooops, missed that part....

Anyway, for my card, my PC was saying 16GB and my Nexus was saying 4GB. I didn't reformat the card and ran H2testw right away, and it also said 4GB. The seller sent a refund right away without any question and didn't even asked me to send the card back, so I guess he knew it was a fake too.

So just get your refund.

Jim

yeah Jim, just had the exact same experience as you:

I just got a full refund and he never even asked me to send the card back.

So it's back to my (more than adequate) 16gb card. I hope others read this thread and avoid these "too good to be true" discount cards on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by jdallac View Post
    I bought a 32gb micro SD off ebay for about $40. When it first arrived, I plugged it into my laptop via USB adaptor and it showed 32gb of storage.

I bought one of these cards as well. It's saying it's a 32gb card in the phone, but I've had trouble with the apps I've moved to the card. I'm doing the h2testw now.

I found an interesting website warning others about this particular ebay seller. It appears he has a history of counterfeit stuff.

grandtechdigital Ebay Fake Flash Seller Alert ? Hong*Kong SOSFakeFlash

So, I'm probably going to get a refund myself. Guess it was too good to be true.

Looks like junk:

Warning: Only 5155 of 30987 MByte tested.
    The media is likely to be defective.
    15.1 MByte OK (31080 sectors)
    5.0 GByte DATA LOST (10526360 sectors)
    Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
    0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
    5.0 GByte corrupted (10526360 sectors)
    0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
    First error at offset: 0x0000000000000008
    Expected: 0x0000000000000011
    Found: 0x0000000000000000
    H2testw version 1.3
    Reading speed: 2.88 MByte/s
    H2testw v1.4

I'm buying a 16gb class 4 Lexar from Amazon.

Seeing as only two companies currently make a 32gb card, anything you buy from ebay for less than $150 is surely fake. The two brands that I know of are SanDisk and the other is something funky called Topram (maybe they make noodles too).

I just bought a 32gb SanDisk for $50 from VerizonWireless.com. There was a price glitch in the system. I was going to post the deal here but they caught on less than an hour into it. Either way, it's on sale for $100 right now which is still the best price from a legit retailer.

Verizon 32gb MicroSdhc

Stock N1 Froyo 2.2 FRF83
    Data: T-Mobile Web2go $10/mo
    Fast enough for me

This solved my Micro SD32 issue!

if your computer is more than a year old, ie. your laptop etc. it will not properly read the 32gig micro sd card and will give you plenty of false numbers when it cant even really see it at all. Take the Micro SD to best buy and put in into a new computer and you will see the difference. I had the same problem and just assumed since the laptop would recognize a micro sd, then therefore it would read it with accuracy. WRONG!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links