32gb Micro SD problems with Nexus One

This is a discussion on 32gb Micro SD problems with Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; my N1 has a 32GB SD card but it only shows 9All The Time) 29gb no matter how much is on there , any explanations?...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 32gb Micro SD problems with Nexus One

32gb sd

my N1 has a 32GB SD card but it only shows 9All The Time) 29gb no matter how much is on there , any explanations?

Quote Originally Posted by gw0gvq View Post
    my N1 has a 32GB SD card but it only shows 9All The Time) 29gb no matter how much is on there , any explanations?
    It's probably due to the difference between what a GB and Gb mean. There are different ways that it's measured https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Gigabyte

There is also some formatting overhead that takes some space.

Quote Originally Posted by gw0gvq View Post
    A gigabit is a unit of measurement used in computers, equal to one billion bits of data. A bit is the smallest unit of data. It takes eight bits to form or store a single character of text. These 8-bit units are known as bytes. Hence, the difference between a gigabit and a gigabyte is that the latter is 8x greater, or eight billion bits.

Kingston 32gb

Quote Originally Posted by jdallac View Post
    I bought a 32gb micro SD off ebay for about $40. When it first arrived, I plugged it into my laptop via USB adaptor and it showed 32gb of storage.

I put it into the Nexus One and it only showed up as 8gb. I formatted it with the Nexus One, hoping this would fix it but no...it said 8gb after the format.

So I put it back into my PC to format it back to 32gb and...It seems to be stuck at 8gb. It will not reformat to 32gb (won't even show an option to go higher than 8gb) I've tried windows 7, xp, vista...all the same thing. They now see it (and will only format it) as an 8gb card.

Anyone have any ideas? I have tried at least 3 programs off the internet, all specifically for formatting high capacity micro sd cards, but after the Nexus One formatted it to 8gb...it seems stuck at 8gb!

I bought a Kingston Class 4 for my wife's Tmobile touchscreen phone. She has been using it to take video, pictures for her phone. It shows 32gb on both my PC, Netbook, and cell phone . I got mine here:

SOLAR TORRENT

Hope this helps.

Kelvin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links