32gb Micro SD problems with Nexus One

This is a discussion on 32gb Micro SD problems with Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I bought a 32gb micro SD off ebay for about $40. When it first arrived, I plugged it into my laptop via USB adaptor and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 32gb Micro SD problems with Nexus One

32gb Micro SD problems with Nexus One

I bought a 32gb micro SD off ebay for about $40. When it first arrived, I plugged it into my laptop via USB adaptor and it showed 32gb of storage.

I put it into the Nexus One and it only showed up as 8gb. I formatted it with the Nexus One, hoping this would fix it but no...it said 8gb after the format.

So I put it back into my PC to format it back to 32gb and...It seems to be stuck at 8gb. It will not reformat to 32gb (won't even show an option to go higher than 8gb) I've tried windows 7, xp, vista...all the same thing. They now see it (and will only format it) as an 8gb card.

Anyone have any ideas? I have tried at least 3 programs off the internet, all specifically for formatting high capacity micro sd cards, but after the Nexus One formatted it to 8gb...it seems stuck at 8gb!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    That's because you got bamboozled. There's no way you could have gotten a 32GB for that price. Maybe the price has came down for them, but I always seen them price nothing less $80. I don't always trust SD cards from Ebay unless it's a US store trusted and full return policy. I bought a 16GB Memory stick from China for the low low and it was a dud.
    Androidfied.

Well, I considered that as a possibility. But when I put the card into my PC initially to verify the size, it showed up as 32gb free.

The seller on ebay is selling these things like hot-cakes and has an almost perfect feedback rating...so I assumed the lower price was simply because it is not SanDisk brand.

It is possible that I got bamboozled. This is who and what I purchased:
    32GB TF Memory Card 32G Micro SD SDHC MicroSDHC MicroSD - eBay (item 150464308550 end time Jul-13-10 16:14:36 PDT)

what do you think?

*I did try a german program call h2test that is supposed to be great for detecting fake cards, but when I ran it...it recognized the card as 8gb since it is formatted that way. I wasn't sure that PROVED it was fake or just proved it was formatted wrong.

I just don't see how a card can be formatted wrong. But I'm not tech savy on that subject so I wouldn't know.
    Androidfied.

I think you might be correct. There's no other logical explanation (that I know of) for why multiple versions of windows and multiple programs can't format it to 32gb.

Can anyone tell me: DOES the nexus one completely support 32gb cards yet, or is that a feature that is yet to come?

Yes it's expandable to 32gb
    Androidfied.

I researched the 32gig cards a couple months ago and came to the understanding (through reviews) many are very buggy right now. Either crashing, erasing data, corrupting, etc. However, these are individual experiences I guess, and is of course dependent on the manufacturer, but it seemed kind of odd how many problems people had with them.

And yes, according to Google and HTC our phone supports up to 32gig cards, though I have not tried.

Good luck though, and let us know if/how you get it working as I still may get one in the future

Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post
    I researched the 32gig cards a couple months ago and came to the understanding (through reviews) many are very buggy right now. Either crashing, erasing data, corrupting, etc. However, these are individual experiences I guess, and is of course dependent on the manufacturer, but it seemed kind of odd how many problems people had with them.

And yes, according to Google and HTC our phone supports up to 32gig cards, though I have not tried.

Good luck though, and let us know if/how you get it working as I still may get one in the future
    How much you wanna bet they were bought from honk kong cheap and non branded quality. Just my assumption. Once again I don't know much about cards. My 8gb is suffice.
    Androidfied.

You've answered the question yourself .... I'm also in wait for Sandisk's 32 GB Micro SDHC Card ... Pls let me know when it's out
    Thank you!

Yeah, it does sound like a bootleg. This seems to be a huge market for unscrupulous sellers. Although, I wonder if some of the sellers even realize they are selling crap.

I bought a SanDisk SD card off Amazon from a seller a couple of years ago. I had problems with it and found out it was a fake after calling SanDisk. It had something to do with the serial number on back. It was wrong or missing it; I don't remember exactly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links