Nexus One Keyboard Question

This is a discussion on Nexus One Keyboard Question within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Sheanzy You make it out as if texting on the Nexus One is a disaster period. Yes, you bump other keys... but ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Keyboard Question

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    You make it out as if texting on the Nexus One is a disaster period. Yes, you bump other keys... but that is with most touch screen phones. A physical keyboard is obviously better.

The iPhone's keyboard is bigger thus reducing the chance to mistype. With 2.2 the sensitivity is probably the same as all top touch screen phones. There is no difference with sensitivity from the Nexus One keyboard versus my old iPhone 3GS.

At times with 2.1 it would be laggy. At times with 2.1 sensitivity issues arose. At time, you will bump other keys. However, with 2.2 , texting is the same as the iPhone minus the minimal size reduction of keys.

We all have our opinions, but regarding the Nexus One texting, you make it out to be absolutely horrible and irritating, in which it is not.
    Dude I don't know what's your problem. The OP asked, so I replied with my opinion. I know physical keyboards are better than touch and I know the iphone keyboard is bigger. I was just trying to give a frame of reference. I still consider the nexus as the best device I have ever owned, but typing still sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Texting is fine....voice input is GREAT!

I keep getting the sense that people are under-utilizing the voice input. It works incredibly well...I totally wowed an iPhone owner with it when I demonstrated it to him--in a noisy parking lot beside a busy highway at that!

I don't have trouble texting with the nexus one. for one hand typing, swype is excellent. I prefer stock for two hand typing tho.
    However I must say in my experience, a physical keyboard is still better for texting. If texting is the one most important thing to you then I would consider getting a phone with a physical keyboard. Otherwise, I think all the other great things of the nexus one makes up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post

I keep getting the sense that people are under-utilizing the voice input. It works incredibly well...I totally wowed an iPhone owner with it when I demonstrated it to him--in a noisy parking lot beside a busy highway at that!
    Voice is great, but one advantage of texting is that you don't make any noise. I prefer not to let the guy sitting next to me on the bus know all the details of my conversation (not to mention he would probably find it annoying to if I kept talking into my phone).

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsky View Post

Voice is great, but one advantage of texting is that you don't make any noise. I prefer not to let the guy sitting next to me on the bus know all the details of my conversation (not to mention he would probably find it annoying to if I kept talking into my phone).

Well, yeah...but the point is that voice is remarkably accurate, and handy when the situation permits its' use.

Also agree that the voice input is great for small sentences. Any more than that and it gets confused. Best to hold it horizontally in order to avoid bumping other keys, but the suggested words feature speeds things up a lot and is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by raccord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    You make it out as if texting on the Nexus One is a disaster period. Yes, you bump other keys... but that is with most touch screen phones. A physical keyboard is obviously better.

The iPhone's keyboard is bigger thus reducing the chance to mistype. With 2.2 the sensitivity is probably the same as all top touch screen phones. There is no difference with sensitivity from the Nexus One keyboard versus my old iPhone 3GS.

At times with 2.1 it would be laggy. At times with 2.1 sensitivity issues arose. At time, you will bump other keys. However, with 2.2 , texting is the same as the iPhone minus the minimal size reduction of keys.

We all have our opinions, but regarding the Nexus One texting, you make it out to be absolutely horrible and irritating, in which it is not.
    Dude I don't know what's your problem. The OP asked, so I replied with my opinion. I know physical keyboards are better than touch and I know the iphone keyboard is bigger. I was just trying to give a frame of reference. I still consider the nexus as the best device I have ever owned, but typing still sucks.
    I have no problem. Sorry if I came off argumentative. As I said, we all have opinions, but I thought your opinion was a bit harsh on the Nexy' texting! lol.

People do under-utilize the voice input. It is extremely accurate and a breeze to use. Very useful when driving, which lessens the risk of a vehicle accident =).

Junior Member bigdaddybatonrouge's Avatar
    Came to Nexus One from G1... Initially, the missing physical keyboard was a drag. But the touchscreen texting is awesome, and the Voice recognition is utterly AMAZING!!! I use voice recog. much more than screen now. It is SOOOO amazing!

Another reason to love my N1!!!

People do under-utilize the voice input. It is extremely accurate and a breeze to use. Very useful when driving, which lessens the risk of a vehicle accident =).
    Wow!! I just tried this feature for the first time and it works incredibly well. I didn't even know that I had it, can you imagine? I've had my phone since its release in January! I can't tell you how hard it's been attempting to text while driving lol. There must be a zillion other features that I have that I don't know about or know how to use. Now how do I download & listen to music? Sheesh, sounds like an entirely new topic of discussion for us technically challenged users.

Quote Originally Posted by pewtavert View Post
    Wow!! I just tried this feature for the first time and it works incredibly well. I didn't even know that I had it, can you imagine? I've had my phone since its release in January! I can't tell you how hard it's been attempting to text while driving lol. There must be a zillion other features that I have that I don't know about or know how to use. Now how do I download & listen to music? Sheesh, sounds like an entirely new topic of discussion for us technically challenged users.

Haha, some people overlook that little microphone on the keyboard =). I was shocked to see how accurate it really is. Put the phone on a car dock and use the voice input. Creates much less of a hassle and is safe!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links