Nexus One Keyboard Question

This is a discussion on Nexus One Keyboard Question within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello, I just want to know if texting on the N1 is fast and responsive with froyo 2.2. Please answer because I really want to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Keyboard Question

Question Nexus One Keyboard Question

Hello,
    I just want to know if texting on the N1 is fast and responsive with froyo 2.2. Please answer because I really want to buy it but only if its good for texting.:nexusx:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The Nexus One is excellent for texting. With 2.1 you could of made an argument that it was a little laggy, but with 2.2 there is no lag what so ever. You also have the option to install SWYPE and not have to press letters at all =).

Get the Nexus. Texting is smooth and easy. :nexusx:

Also depends on what you're switching from. I hear that people who switch over from blackberrys initially have trouble with touchscreen keyboards...but once they get over the learning curve, they love it.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Yeah the stock keyboard is pretty good. But if you don't like it you have the option to download other keyboards like smart keyboard and better keyboard, which are both great keyboards!!

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Also depends on what you're switching from. I hear that people who switch over from blackberrys initially have trouble with touchscreen keyboards...but once they get over the learning curve, they love it.
    I can agree with you. I switched from my Blackberry curve to the iPhone and texting was sketchy at first. I caught on in a matter of hours.

Even switching from the iPhone to the Nexus One was sketchy as well. The keyboard is a tad smaller than that of the iPhone's and it took a minute or two to get used to it.

However, I texted faster on my blackberry than my iPhone and Android. Of course, that's what a physical keyboard can do for you =).

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    I can agree with you. I switched from my Blackberry curve to the iPhone and texting was sketchy at first. I caught on in a matter of hours.

Even switching from the iPhone to the Nexus One was sketchy as well. The keyboard is a tad smaller than that of the iPhone's and it took a minute or two to get used to it.

However, I texted faster on my blackberry than my iPhone and Android. Of course, that's what a physical keyboard can do for you =).
    I switched from a Nokia E75 with a full slide out QWERTY and I was apprhensive about how I would manage without a physical keyboard. It literally took me two texts to get used to Android's touch screen keyboard, and now I can text as quick, if not quicker, than on my E75. Android's auto-correct and predictive features also make texting very easy.

I have to disagree with these guys. I'm a former blackberry/iphone user and this phone is the worst. Sensitivity is not that great and the buttons are too narrow for my fingers. I was able to touch type the other phones with little typos, but with this phone its a disaster. I also get this problem with the delete and return key when trying to delete a few letters, it registers the backspace and a return so it ends up skipping a whole mess of lines. smart keyboard with the iphone skin kind of helped, but still not to my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by raccord View Post
    I have to disagree with these guys. I'm a former blackberry/iphone user and this phone is the worst. Sensitivity is not that great and the buttons are too narrow for my fingers. I was able to touch type the other phones with little typos, but with this phone its a disaster. I also get this problem with the delete and return key when trying to delete a few letters, it registers the backspace and a return so it ends up skipping a whole mess of lines. smart keyboard with the iphone skin kind of helped, but still not to my liking.

You make it out as if texting on the Nexus One is a disaster period. Yes, you bump other keys... but that is with most touch screen phones. A physical keyboard is obviously better.

The iPhone's keyboard is bigger thus reducing the chance to mistype. With 2.2 the sensitivity is probably the same as all top touch screen phones. There is no difference with sensitivity from the Nexus One keyboard versus my old iPhone 3GS.

At times with 2.1 it would be laggy. At times with 2.1 sensitivity issues arose. At time, you will bump other keys. However, with 2.2 , texting is the same as the iPhone minus the minimal size reduction of keys.

We all have our opinions, but regarding the Nexus One texting, you make it out to be absolutely horrible and irritating, in which it is not.

Texting is fine....voice input is GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Texting is fine....voice input is GREAT!
    Took the words right out of my mouth. This is absolutely right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links