Nexus One Fm tuner

This is a discussion on Nexus One Fm tuner within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; It's not just the gym where you need your gadgets. It's really nice if you only carry one device instead of 8 or more (phone, ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Fm tuner

It's not just the gym where you need your gadgets. It's really nice if you only carry one device instead of 8 or more (phone, camera, mp3 player, FM radio, PDA, laptop, GPS).

Why the sudden need to carry one device for each function?

Nokia equipped their phones with FM radio for "ages".

It seems like some people here have this misconception that fm radio = music. There are radio stations with news, talk shows, etc. It takes less battery to listen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusDro View Post
    It seems like some people here have this misconception that fm radio = music. There are radio stations with news, talk shows, etc. It takes less battery to listen to them.

And some of us think that talk radio epitomizes everything that's WRONG with radio these days! :rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusDro View Post

And some of us think that talk radio epitomizes everything that's WRONG with radio these days! :rofl3:
    Or lack of 'on demand', and hoards of commercials...the medium could die tomorrow and I'd never know, or care. But then those are the same reasons I don't watch television, either! :rofl3:

AM/FM radio still exists and thrives. Many people are addicted to it.

Even Apple decided to implement the radio feature in their ipod. By the 6th or 7th gen iPhone, FM radio should make its way in. I'm sure Jobs will sound like it the greatest invention in the world. Maybe even HD radio will make by that time.

Addendum

The reason my forst mp3 player was a Zune has to do with FM radio.

Also, I like to stay connected to the real world by listening to live people form my metro area and not exist in an insulated, stream of pre programed music. When something important happens where I live or if I need to know the traffic and weather, Pandora ain't cuttin it.

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    AM/FM radio still exists and thrives. Many people are addicted to it.

Even Apple decided to implement the radio feature in their ipod. By the 6th or 7th gen iPhone, FM radio should make its way in. I'm sure Jobs will sound like it the greatest invention in the world. Maybe even HD radio will make by that time.
    +1

I love Bob and Tom in the morning and especially for local sports radio. Listening to the local commentators with more info is something I love to do at baseball and football games. Some stations webstream, but usually it's with some crappy Windows Media or Real Player format, and it's a battery hog. I really wish the N1 had FM radio as a feature.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

It should've had HD radio.

Maybe next one will have it. Even though Google said there won't be a N2, I'm sure they will come up with a different one. It's too tempting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by RicKaysen View Post
    Also, I like to stay connected to the real world by listening to live people form my metro area and not exist in an insulated, stream of pre programed music. When something important happens where I live or if I need to know the traffic and weather, Pandora ain't cuttin it.
    That's a reason to listen to a radio station, true. It's not a reason to listen to it via crappy FM (that's even crappier via a small device with no large antenna) though. Where I live, there are 5 local FM radio stations, all of them stream via the web. Where I grew up there are 3 or 4 local FM radio stations, all of them stream via the web. I don't know of a single radio station in the world that doesn't stream.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links