Noob questions about Nexus One: ATT vs. Tmobile, unlock

This is a discussion on Noob questions about Nexus One: ATT vs. Tmobile, unlock within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; yes 900 and 2100 are the most used ones outside North America. 1700 is unique to US....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Noob questions about Nexus One: ATT vs. Tmobile, unlock

yes

900 and 2100 are the most used ones outside North America.

1700 is unique to US.

Since they all share the 2100 band for 3G, why can't either version of the phone use that for 3G?

Does 3G need more than a band to function properly?

Regarding the 2100 band: It is not a question of reception, but a question of transmission.

North American vs European bands

Hi,

When I purchased my Nexus One, I chose the AT&T (U.S.)/Rogers (Canada) one at 850, 1900, 2100 MHz, because it would give me 3G in Canada with Rogers, and I was told only Edge with T-Mobile in the US.

The alternative option was to have it configured for 3G onT-Mobile (U.S.) at, I believe, 2100,1700, 900 MHz, for T-Mo's 3G, which would have only given me Edge with Rogers Canada.

I was told I had to choose between the above two options when I ordered the phone online in April.

We are going to Europe and I want to get an International SIM and be able to use 3G there, because except on WI-FI, the N1 apps like GPS won't work otherwise.

I've read that one can change bands by phoning *#*#4636#*#*, then selecting "phone information," hitting the menu key, selecting "radio band" and the "Euro Band." Would this get me 3G in Europe, and also, would selecting "USA Band" get me 3G on T-Mobile when in the US?

Is the above a way to switch back and forth when required? If not, is there another way?

Can anyone tell me if this will work before I fork out money for a SIM and set up a prepay account for Europe .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links