Thinking about coming back

This is a discussion on Thinking about coming back within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I had 3 problems with 3 Nexus' ....here is a copy/pasted post Please help I had my 3 problems with 3 Nexus Ones, but mark ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about coming back

Thinking about coming back

I had 3 problems with 3 Nexus' ....here is a copy/pasted post
    Please help

I had my 3 problems with 3 Nexus Ones, but mark my words I know it is a great phone

I went to Sprint until I had horrific problems and had the EVO

I want:

Either the Nexus ONE OR Samsung Vibrant

Nexus One Pros: Nice Screen, get Froyo Immediately, Get Gingerbread at end of year, feell like a brick Cons: is .3" smaller than the Samsung, lacks the square feel (even tho the corners are round) of the Sammy and HTC phones have, the color is horrific, have to convert video filetypes to be played, more money

Samsung Vibrant Pros: Excellent camera, EVen better screen Super Amoled, very pretty, square edged I like, 4.0" screen I like and plays more filetypes, costs less

CONS: Not very sturdy especially on the back, will NOT get Froyo at least in the beginning, likewise with Gingerbread. NO flash

Could someone please help me decide what to do by voicing their opinion on these two at Tmobile only

I do know that the Hummingbird processor is said to be better, but with Froyo is is not true necessarily

Can anyone help? Thanks so much

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I would think if you had 3 nexus and one Evo mess up on you, that you shouldn't be getting any smart phones anytime soon. Just an observation. But you laid out the pros and cons so the choice is yours.
    '
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I would think if you had 3 nexus and one Evo mess up on you, that you shouldn't be getting any smart phones anytime soon. Just an observation. But you laid out the pros and cons so the choice is yours.
    '

Now why would you think that If I had 3 Nexus Ones and an EVO, that I should not be getting a smart phone any time soon?

If you were being light hearted, then LOL back at you LOL

If you weren't I prolly have about 50 people saying to me, why in the world would you dignify that persons response with one of your own.

Well first, I have no problems with smartphones typically as has been my experience with Blackberries and others before the Droids

Second, you did not bother to ask what the problems were with each one or care to read in the post that I will give the Nexus benefit of the doubt because of the good things it added to the many reasons I need one

I care not to be negative about this... that is why I posted, I need help
    I have never harmed a single person in this forum.
    If you care to help and answer the question, then it would be obliged
    To answer your question, again with much more than some friends say I should, I need smartphones because they make my life easier with all the medical problems , i.e. keeping my doctors in line, oncologist, physical therapist, etc...

Thank You either way

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    1. I was joking as I always do on here the explanation was not needed

2. There is already a nexus / galaxy s thread that weighed the differences between the two.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...preciated.html

everything implies the same just swap the name att with t-mobile.

And since you had experience with the nexus already as you implied you should check out the galaxy s see which best fits your preference and go that route.
    Androidfied.

Thanks Android for at least coming back and explaining yourself

As you can see I do have a lot going on, so at times it is hard for me to NOT be sensitive. thanks again for understanding , yourself

After all I had, three of them, to the EVO and Now back and undecided, with that Thread and a long talk with Google today, I think with Froyo it is back to Nexus One for me today.

Darn the large cost tho
    Do they ever go onsale???

have you tried Craigslist or Ebay? As long as you dont mind a used phone. Welcome back though.
    CyanogenMod 6.0.0

Part Monster, Part Machine, ALL ANDROID

As you are on nexus one forums,you already know the responses. They will be biased.

There are issues that bother Nexus One users. I have issues regarding email. I wish there was a select all or empty trash feature.

The biggest eye catching part is that the Nexus will be one of the first if not first device to receive future OTA updates. You could buy another android phone but more than likely you will wait longer than Nexus One users.

Now that isnt the only reason to get the Nexus but FroYo has simply skyrocketed it's versatility. The camera is top notch and video quality is great for myself, but you could always root and obtain 720p HD recording.

I am on AT&T thus limiting my options for android based phones. If you didn't connect well with the EVO and are cautious about another Nexus One, then get a contract with Verizon and have access to the baddest android phones on the market.

-Droid
    -DroidX
    -HTC incredible

And many more.

My opinion: Get a Nexus One and rejoin the team!

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

If you returned 3 Nexus Ones and an Evo it sounds like you need to learn how to use the phone. There is no way there was problems with 4 phones, seems to me it was user error. You returned 2 of the best phones on the market and I seriously doubt you would be happy with the Samsung as well. You should consider a basic candy bar Nokia phone, they are very reliable and tested phones. These minor issues people have with phones are very annoying. There has not been a phone released to date that doesn't have at least a small flaw. Buy a phone and learn to use it. Be happy with your purchase because within a month or two another phone will be released that has more features or is quicker. Because of the pace of technology, this will continue to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by nexus1inAZ View Post
    There has not been a phone released to date that doesn't have at least a small flaw. Buy a phone and learn to use it. Be happy with your purchase because within a month or two another phone will be released that has more features or is quicker. Because of the pace of technology, this will continue to happen.
    Very true. To the OP, pick one that will make you happy and contented in the long run since there will always be newer and better things out there... most especially right after buying the one that you end up choosing. hehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links