Are there still multi-touch issues?

This is a discussion on Are there still multi-touch issues? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; The issue where finger positions are not read correctly when they cross axis with each other. This issue: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU0R9tdodw8]YouTube - Google Nexus One Touch Screen ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there still multi-touch issues?

Are there still multi-touch issues?

The issue where finger positions are not read correctly when they cross axis with each other.

This issue:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU0R9tdodw8]YouTube - Google Nexus One Touch Screen Problem[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsSUqkh8pcI]YouTube - Nexus One multitouch problems / issues - misregistering[/ame]

You probably have seen this far too many times, but I can not seem to find recent information.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Here is another thread regarding this issue: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...en-issues.html

Multi-touch isn't too bad. It will become evident once you cross the axis using both fingers meaning that it isn't flawless.

Well, that is a bit disappointing. How noticeable is this issue? Is it a good reason to pick the Samsung Galaxy S over the Nexus One?

I was going to pick this phone over that one due to the fact that this one seems to get updates first and seems like it will get updates longer, do these assumptions seem correct to you?

Also, can this phone play flac music like the Galaxy S? It would seem that it can't, and this may push me to the Galaxy.

If you were buying a phone now (on T-Mobile), which phone would you buy?

Its a pain playing games that require multi-touch I can tell you that.
    iphoneeee killaaaaaaaaaa :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by ninjacat View Post
    Its a pain playing games that require multi-touch I can tell you that.
    So, is this the only time it is noticeable? How many of the games on Android require multi-touch?

Im playing caligo chaser at the moment and some combos are quite hard to execute unless you get use to it. The cps2 emulators for the street fighter VS series requires multi-touch for combos. On the browser its not so bad. the pinch to expand and to minimize works pretty well. Can't think of anymore issues at the moment.

The Nexus One has a dual touch screen. It never had a multi-touch screen, though some people get confused about the difference.

The Nexus One uses the ClearPad 2000

ClearPad | Synaptics

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    The Nexus One has a dual touch screen. It never had a multi-touch screen, though some people get confused about the difference.

The Nexus One uses the ClearPad 2000

ClearPad | Synaptics
    yes that is true. I forgot about that. that is why you use the two fingers for the pinching zooming and minimizing with no probs.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickAupperle View Post
    Well, that is a bit disappointing. How noticeable is this issue? Is it a good reason to pick the Samsung Galaxy S over the Nexus One?

I was going to pick this phone over that one due to the fact that this one seems to get updates first and seems like it will get updates longer, do these assumptions seem correct to you?

Also, can this phone play flac music like the Galaxy S? It would seem that it can't, and this may push me to the Galaxy.

If you were buying a phone now (on T-Mobile), which phone would you buy?
    It doesn't really affect me. Actually, I have no issue with it. Go with the Nexus One over the Galaxy =). Just sayin! :nexusx:

This all sounds promising. I did hear that a wiimote can be used with Android w/o rooting it, so I guess this could be used when I got annoyed with the Dual-Touch, right? Maybe someday we can even use dualshock 3s. Other than games, though, no one has any problems?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links