A couple questions about the Nexus One

This is a discussion on A couple questions about the Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm a fairly picky audiophile of long standing, and though I don't use it much as a music player outside of the car or on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A couple questions about the Nexus One

I'm a fairly picky audiophile of long standing, and though I don't use it much as a music player outside of the car or on my motorcycle, I've been quite satisfied with the sound quality. I do have a pretty darn good system in my car, and on the bike I use Shure E3c canal phones (which isolate noise pretty well, and sound very good).

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I'm a fairly picky audiophile of long standing, and though I don't use it much as a music player outside of the car or on my motorcycle, I've been quite satisfied with the sound quality. I do have a pretty darn good system in my car, and on the bike I use Shure E3c canal phones (which isolate noise pretty well, and sound very good).
    Oh, good!
    I was afraid that it would have low sound quality since people are always commenting on it not being an iPod like the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickAupperle View Post

I know flac sounds good, I was wondering about the sound quality of the device. Since you said
    with any device like this
    I assume it is of lower quality than my mp3 player. I see your point about wasting space, but with a decent sized SD card this should not be a problem. N1 does support a decent sized SD card, doesn't it? Also, I just found out CyanogenMod and Samsung Galaxy S support FLAC. I won't be rooting my phone, but this means to me that I am not the only one wanting this feature. The FLAC files are worth while on my computer, so I really don't want to go through converting all of my music to a lossy format.

Since my question was not really directly answered, is the sound quality of the device good?
    When I said "device like this", I just meant that it's not an "audiophile" piece of equipment. And yes, the audio quality is quite good.

I realize that there would be an effort to convert. In my case, I'd rather have a lot more music on my device, so I would find a way to make the conversion simple and do it anyway. But that's me.

For a phone, the sound quality is superb. I still use a separate rig for critical listening, but with high quality mp3's (alt-preset or better) I get great results on the Nexus, which was surprising!

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post

I know flac sounds good, I was wondering about the sound quality of the device. Since you said
    with any device like this
    I assume it is of lower quality than my mp3 player. I see your point about wasting space, but with a decent sized SD card this should not be a problem. N1 does support a decent sized SD card, doesn't it? Also, I just found out CyanogenMod and Samsung Galaxy S support FLAC. I won't be rooting my phone, but this means to me that I am not the only one wanting this feature. The FLAC files are worth while on my computer, so I really don't want to go through converting all of my music to a lossy format.

Since my question was not really directly answered, is the sound quality of the device good?
    When I said "device like this", I just meant that it's not an "audiophile" piece of equipment. And yes, the audio quality is quite good.

I realize that there would be an effort to convert. In my case, I'd rather have a lot more music on my device, so I would find a way to make the conversion simple and do it anyway. But that's me.
    Oh, OK. That is good to know. I prefer the flac, because even though there is no real perceivable difference in quality, imaginary differences mean just as much to me. lol.

Well, it sounds like the sound quality will be good enough. Thank you everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookstone View Post
    Ok, so no flac. That is disappointing. I guess it won't be replacing my portable music playing device (I was going to say mp3 player, but that seemed odd since I only play flac files).

Also, it sounds like we are expected to get updates for a very long time. This is good.

In case I decide to convert to ogg just for this, how good is the sound quality?
    The FLAC changes aren't in the kernel, so until the 2.1 code drops, I don't think ANYONE can implement support.
    What do you mean by no one being able to implement support? If you mean custom roms, Cyanogen did. If you mean OEMs, Samsung did. If you mean apps, there are a few that did. If you mean something else, then please explain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links