A couple questions about the Nexus One

This is a discussion on A couple questions about the Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Is this phone expected to get the next updates first as well? When (if ever) is it expected to become unsupported by the latest version? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A couple questions about the Nexus One

A couple questions about the Nexus One

Is this phone expected to get the next updates first as well? When (if ever) is it expected to become unsupported by the latest version?

Can the Nexus One play flac lossless audio?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickAupperle View Post
    Is this phone expected to get the next updates first as well? When (if ever) is it expected to become unsupported by the latest version?

Can the Nexus One play flac lossless audio?
    Yes, the Nexus One will be expected to get the next updates first. Not sure about your other two questions.

As to "unsupported" in the future...we have no idea at present.

And as to music decoders...from the Google sales page:

Audio decoders AAC LC/LTP, HE-AACv1 (AAC+), HE-AACv2 (enhanced AAC+) Mono/Stereo standard bit rates up to 160 kbps and sampling rates from 8 to 48 kHz, AMR-NB 4.75 to 12.2 kbps sampled @ 8 kHz, AMR-WB 9 rates from 6.60 kbps to 23.85 kbps sampled @ 16 kHz, MP3 Mono/Stereo 8-320 kbps constant (CBR) or variable bit-rate (VBR), MIDI SMF (Type 0 and 1), DLS Version 1 and 2, XMF/Mobile XMF, RTTTL/RTX, OTA, iMelody, Ogg Vorbis, WAVE (8-bit and 16-bit PCM)

We should expect Nexus One support at least through Moonpie and Olive .

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

lmao I don't think olive is a desert!!!

Ok, so no flac. That is disappointing. I guess it won't be replacing my portable music playing device (I was going to say mp3 player, but that seemed odd since I only play flac files).

Also, it sounds like we are expected to get updates for a very long time. This is good.

In case I decide to convert to ogg just for this, how good is the sound quality?

meridian app will play FLAC files. the app is horrible for playlisting, but it will play them.

Quote Originally Posted by prive8 View Post
    meridian app will play FLAC files. the app is horrible for playlisting, but it will play them.
    That is good news. Is the sound quality good?

Should be right? They are FLAC files (lossless).

Just my opinion, but on devices with fairly limited space (like any smartphone) FLAC is a waste of space. Yes, I know, you want the "best"/"perfect" quality. But I will tell you that you cannot tell the difference between a 192Kbps AAC and your FLAC file with any device like this. You just can't. So you're only wasting space.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Should be right? They are FLAC files (lossless).

Just my opinion, but on devices with fairly limited space (like any smartphone) FLAC is a waste of space. Yes, I know, you want the "best"/"perfect" quality. But I will tell you that you cannot tell the difference between a 192Kbps AAC and your FLAC file with any device like this. You just can't. So you're only wasting space.
    I know flac sounds good, I was wondering about the sound quality of the device. Since you said
    with any device like this
    I assume it is of lower quality than my mp3 player. I see your point about wasting space, but with a decent sized SD card this should not be a problem. N1 does support a decent sized SD card, doesn't it? Also, I just found out CyanogenMod and Samsung Galaxy S support FLAC. I won't be rooting my phone, but this means to me that I am not the only one wanting this feature. The FLAC files are worth while on my computer, so I really don't want to go through converting all of my music to a lossy format.

Since my question was not really directly answered, is the sound quality of the device good?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links