Basic questions

This is a discussion on Basic questions within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I think they are basic anyway. I have read many posts and there is a lot of useful info. At present i still have my ...

Thread: Basic questions

Basic questions

I think they are basic anyway. I have read many posts and there is a lot of useful info. At present i still have my Iphone 3g so cannot play with a nexus. I have to wait till my contract ends in September, think i can hold out that long lol.

What i want to know is can i put music (mp3) and video on to the sd card direct from the pc, making folders like music and video then put the card back into the phone and play using applications on the Nexus just by pointing the application to the relevent folder on the sd card.

At the moment i have a few applications on my iphone i like. I understand there is an online store like Itunes App Store for the Nexus that has 30 odd thousand app on it. As i dont have a Nexus i dont know what they are.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    I think they are basic anyway. I have read many posts and there is a lot of useful info. At present i still have my Iphone 3g so cannot play with a nexus. I have to wait till my contract ends in September, think i can hold out that long lol.

What i want to know is can i put music (mp3) and video on to the sd card direct from the pc, making folders like music and video then put the card back into the phone and play using applications on the Nexus just by pointing the application to the relevent folder on the sd card.
    YES! That is what I do. It can even be done wirelessly (wifi), no need to futz with the sdcard.

At the moment i have a few applications on my iphone i like. I understand there is an online store like Itunes App Store for the Nexus that has 30 odd thousand app on it. As i dont have a Nexus i dont know what they are.
    There are several 'external' portals to Android apps...try Androidzoom. Oh and at last count there were over 90K apps, with exponential growth. There is already speculation Android apps will overtake Apple Store apps count within two years, if numbers mean anything to you.

I have never heard of AndroidZoom, thanks for mentioning it Alpha!

You can also check AppBrain ...

That makes loading music and vids much easier, will look at you links later as i am work.

cheers all

I have found a PDF file for the nexus, it is helping me see bits of the phone.

why can't things be simple !!!!, thought the Nexus 1 was my dream phone , then been looking about and found the Desire and the Incredible.

The incredible does not seem destined for our markets, at least not for a time. The Desire as far as i can see is very similar to the nexus 1 except that Nexus has the weight of google behind it.

So it's the google backup to the Desire bigger sd card and slighly different software....................oh dear.

Off to Vodaphone tomorrow as they have both and i can (i hope) compare them

Any thoughts guys

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links