New phone battery help

This is a discussion on New phone battery help within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi.. Im a new Nexus One user. I just got the phone on Monday. I dont have it rooted and am running the latest build ...

Thread: New phone battery help

New phone battery help

Hi.. Im a new Nexus One user. I just got the phone on Monday. I dont have it rooted and am running the latest build of Froyo.

My battery is depleting at an alarming rate. Just this morning, after a 3 min conversation and a gmail check, my battery dropped almost 10%.

1) I have no live wallpapers running
    2) I have tried using an app killer and not using one since its effectveness is questionable.
    3) I have my display all the way down
    4) Bluetooth off, wifi off, sync off
    5) No major widgets besides a calendar widget. rest are just app shortcuts and the power control widget.

I saw someone with a Nexus One yesterday - he has bluetooth on, a live wall paper and after 5 hours - still in the 90% range. My phone loses 10% in 10 mins after a 3 min call, and email checking.

What do you think the problem is? Phone is brand new

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow, that is a alarming rate I think it's your battery.

cxm
    I remember when I got my n1 back in January lots of people (me included) had similar issues. I found that after the first few weeks the battery got noticeably better. I wouldn't worry to begin with how long it takes to lose 10%, but rather focus on how long the battery lasts after a few weeks when the battery has been drained and recharged a number of times. If it still an issue, get it replaced.

Did you fully charge your battery before initial use? You're supposed to for the best battery life. Even then the Nexus One's battery life is only passable. If you enjoy abusing and overuseing your Nexus One like me, you might consider getting an larger battery if you can afford it. I have the 3200mah one from Seidio and while it does make your phone look less sleek the enormous added battery life is well worth it in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKirby View Post
    Did you fully charge your battery before initial use? You're supposed to for the best battery life. Even then the Nexus One's battery life is only passable. If you enjoy abusing and overuseing your Nexus One like me, you might consider getting an larger battery if you can afford it. I have the 3200mah one from Seidio and while it does make your phone look less sleek the enormous added battery life is well worth it in my opinion.
    Yes, you should charge your battery fully upon first use. Also, I had the same issue. My battery would deplete in 2 hours.....with no use. I pulled my battery, turned the phone on and rebooted again via the power button. I have had no issues with my battery since.

I also don't leave it plugged into the AC all night, not sure if this has an lasting effects.

You could try a battery reset. Completely deplete your battery to the point your phone just turns off. Remove the battery and put it back in after about 30 seconds. Plug in your phone but do not turn it on until the light is green.

Note, it is not recommended to completely deplete lithium batteries on a regular basis as this can damage the battery and decrease it's life.

I think if you just give it a week or two it will be fine.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links