This is a discussion on Rom within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi guys i want to hack my phone and am wondering whats a good rom that has some great features thanks!...

Thread: Rom

Hi guys

i want to hack my phone and am wondering whats a good rom that has some great features

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have MoDaCo custom ROM based on Froyo and so far its been great. But Cyanogen is working on version 6 (based on Froyo source) and it looks spiffy (got ADW launcher, Spare Parts, LED notifications), but its only an RC and not final. So I would wait until they release the final.

If you have not rooted and want to, I'd suggest you follow the steps in the link. You can root that way and not unlock the bootloader. Also, you can install custom recovery so that you can make backups and restore in case you screw up your installation.

[Tutorial] Root FRF91/FRF85B/FRF83/FRF72 (T-Mo/AT&T) Without Unlocking (100% Working) - xda-developers

It doesn't matter. Once your rooted you can try them all after doing a nand backup and restore to any previous backup you want. frf91 is good but a little quirky on the touchscreen, CM6 RC 1 is experimental (I had no working browser or flash).

Modaco is coming out with a r23 rom sense based and CM6 in a stable mod will be awesome with LauncherPro.

Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

San Francisco Giants

Well get rooted first. STRICTLY, do some reading first before you do it.

CM6 is a very nice ROM, wait for the final release. MCR also very nice...

I am using Leo Froyo 1.2

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links