ATT No free WiFi access for N1

This is a discussion on ATT No free WiFi access for N1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I went to my local McDonalds, where ATT offers free WiFi. I tried to access the WiFi connection, but was unable to. My N1 detected ...

Thread: ATT No free WiFi access for N1

ATT No free WiFi access for N1

I went to my local McDonalds, where ATT offers free WiFi. I tried to access the WiFi connection, but was unable to. My N1 detected the portal. I was able to lauch the internet, but came to the McDonalds login screen. The WiFi connection for ATT is being handled by Wayport. I called ATT, and they said that my N1 didn't have the proper setup to access the web (Wifi), without going through wayport login.

Well I went to the wayport sight, to sign up (thinking it would be free, because I have an ATT account, plus they offer free access to WiFi at selected hotspots); needless to say, wayport wants $19.99/month (plus tax) membership fee to sign up.

This is shameful, and a slap in the face. First the data plan limitation, now this... NOT gonna do it!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

T&C
    Welcome to At&t!

You used the wrong one to log in. My local mcdonalds has two different access points to log in to. One requires a password, the other just needs you to agree to the UA.

Their whole "wifi hotspot" solution was created to ease air network traffic. If they don't want to allow everyone to use it that's their problem. I'll keep eating all the data I want on my unlimited plan and create my own wifi hotspot while I'm at it :rofl3:

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links