What does everyone think?

This is a discussion on What does everyone think? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; It's plain and simple logic to keep this forum exclusive 1) as mentioned earlier, 500k unlocked globally active gPhones are already in the hands of ...

View Poll Results: Do you sometimes, frequently, or never use your mobile device while on the toilet?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • I sometimes use my smartphone or mobile device while going potty.

2 50.00%
  • I frequently share convos and do online browsing/shopping while sitting on the throne.

0 0%
  • Ewww.... That is gross. I would never use my stuff while doing my stuff.

1 25.00%
  • I am embarrased by this question and decline to answer citing my fifth ammendment rights.

1 25.00%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What does everyone think?

It's plain and simple logic to keep this forum exclusive

1) as mentioned earlier, 500k unlocked globally active gPhones are already in the hands of Technophiles and will still be available to Google Android Developers as well

2) the demographic who have bought "web meet phone" have seen the future ... stay with them ... look at Japan's internet usage patterns to understand what most of us already know

3) If you're wanting a similar business model for the shareholders .... think of this as asmallworld.net on the basis of hardware

4) and from a CSR perspective ... give the global 500k users a voice and a help platform .... they'll probably have nowhere else to turn ...

Keep the Faith!

I love all the help this forum gives. there are a lot of people with Nexus 1 that depend a lot on this forum as it is. I would hate to have to hunt it up in a forum with all other androids. This Nexus One deserves it's own.

I, personally. like this form and it's people (even the Texans). The forum has helped me a lot. I would hate to see it go and not stand in it's own glory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

I don't think service-provider specific forums are the way to go. It's just a provider, who cares which it is. I'm here because of (a) which phone I've got and (2) which OS it is. If I were looking for a forum, I'd search for either my phone name or the OS name. Last thing in the world I'd look for is the SP. Only reason I ever look at the O2 forum (my SP) is when I have a question about contract features which was just a one-off.

By splitting this one into two US-only forums, you're losing a lot of people. Besides, why only AT&T and T-Mo ? What about Sprint? Verizon? and all the others. Can't you use a nexus one on any service provider you want ?
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    I don't think service-provider specific forums are the way to go. It's just a provider, who cares which it is. I'm here because of (a) which phone I've got and (2) which OS it is. If I were looking for a forum, I'd search for either my phone name or the OS name. Last thing in the world I'd look for is the SP. Only reason I ever look at the O2 forum (my SP) is when I have a question about contract features which was just a one-off.

By splitting this one into two US-only forums, you're losing a lot of people. Besides, why only AT&T and T-Mo ? What about Sprint? Verizon? and all the others. Can't you use a nexus one on any service provider you want ?

First, we do have fora for Sprint and Verizon besides AT&T and TMobile. I only left them out of the poll because the Nexus doesn't operate on either of their networks, as they both use CDMA; while ATT and TMo use GSM. A Nexus for CDMA was never produced.

Second, you raise an OUTSTANDING point about searching by service provider! Because of my 'inside knowledge' of these fora, it never occurred to me to consider that point! I already knew where to look...newcomers won't!

keep the forum =)

i say keep the forum! I am going to order my N1 today, but still sitting on the fence atm (due to some comments from my friends). They claim that since online sales are going off, N1 is becoming outdated and discontinued (no N2).
    what do you guys think? put urself in the perspective of someone going to buy a new phone.

Quote Originally Posted by bcjack View Post
    i say keep the forum! I am going to order my N1 today, but still sitting on the fence atm (due to some comments from my friends). They claim that since online sales are going off, N1 is becoming outdated and discontinued (no N2).
    what do you guys think? put urself in the perspective of someone going to buy a new phone.

Absolutely GO AHEAD! No hesitation at all!

But this has been discussed in General Discussion, so let's keep this thread on topic.

Think of it like this; Nexus One-Of-A-Kind! With the Android platform this phone is getting updates before other (most) Android phones. With maybe the exception of the Droid X possibly the best phone around. Smartphone specific the carrier doesn't matter.Thats how I found this forum and it has helped immensely.

I just joined this site but i love how it is so nexus specific. It is exactly the type of forum i want to be a part of because everyone here has a Nexus and either has answers or questions about it. If it merges then I think everything goes down just a little in the quality of answers and people on the site.

I see it possible to stay as is for now. When it eventually slows down, I'd like to see it have life as a part of another forum.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

WRT to Larry's post , I want to reiterate the point I'd made earlier...we may see a" recession" in the mid term, but pls remember there are over 500k N1s out there... Who will be needing a platform for help guidance and suggestions... If you build it (and maintain it) we will ALL come

Trust us

Keep the Faith !
    PS-I'm using swype for the first time...thanks to this forum and the guidance of its helpful members

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links