how to prevent reinstalling apps/settings after wipe

This is a discussion on how to prevent reinstalling apps/settings after wipe within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi there! Normally its a nice feature when you change your phone that Google remembers all your settings. But I wanted to have a clean ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to prevent reinstalling apps/settings after wipe

how to prevent reinstalling apps/settings after wipe

Hi there!

Normally its a nice feature when you change your phone that Google remembers all your settings. But I wanted to have a clean phone and after deleting all my stuff and resetting the phone everything was back there.

I also unticked the checkbox in the introduction part where I'm asked "do you want Google to save your settings?" but still my old wallpaper, my wifi password and all other settings come back.

The reason why I did a reset was to get rid of all the applications I don't use any more but now they are all back.

To make it short: Is there anyway I can make Google forget all my settings and let me have a new, fresh phone after I reset it??

Thank you!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter View Post
    Hi there!

Normally its a nice feature when you change your phone that Google remembers all your settings. But I wanted to have a clean phone and after deleting all my stuff and resetting the phone everything was back there.

I also unticked the checkbox in the introduction part where I'm asked "do you want Google to save your settings?" but still my old wallpaper, my wifi password and all other settings come back.

The reason why I did a reset was to get rid of all the applications I don't use any more but now they are all back.

To make it short: Is there anyway I can make Google forget all my settings and let me have a new, fresh phone after I reset it??

Thank you!
    How did you do your reset? I did a factory reset and it removed EVERYTHING. Go to Settings>Privacy>Factory Data Reset and VOILA! =) :nexusx:

HI. thanks for the reply.

but that's exactly what I did. but after some time it says "successfully reinstalled apps" and everything is the same

Turn off the phone. When you turn it back on, hold the power button and the trackball down at the same time.

Once the menu pops up, do a factory wipe. Let me know if that works or if you tried that method as well.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Hmm yeah I've never seen an option to do a 'factory wipe lite'. Sort of removes the point of the exercise ,no?
    I wonder if it's a new froyo thing? I haven't done a wipe since then. Are you telling us everything? Running a modded rom perhaps? I've done my wipes from the standard settings .

DT

Okay, I think I found it.

In the settings, if you go to "Privacy" you have "Backup & restore"
    Although "Back up my data" was ticked off, the "automatic restore" point was still
    ticked. So I unticked both and now I'm doing a reset, again.

Let's see...

Okay, there even was a question if all existing copies on Google servers should be deleted..

But no.. :-(
    After a reset I sign in with my Google account and two minutes later I get the message "29 apps restored" .

btw I use Android 2.2 Froyo

Even all my little settings are restored. For example that I get a haptic feedback when I type or my wifi password... I want the phone (I mean Google) to forget all that! But how?

No, I don't use a special rom, I've Android 2.2 Build FRF91

Yes, exactly.. Why reset the phone when everything is going to be restored anyways.. I think the purpose is to make the transit to a new phone also running android smoother.

The only thing which is actually deleted are my text messages. Everything else is back.

Even more annoying..

When I uninstall apps in the market, do a factory reset, log in with my account, the phone syncs and then installs also the previously uninstalled app ..

that's not nice

I just found this thread in the official forum
    Delete the Google Backup about settings and apps - Android Help

and there is a workaround. but everybody else is experiencing the same problem.

I will now try the workaround..

Good information Jetsetter, I did not know this.

DT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links