Nexus One Discontinued???

This is a discussion on Nexus One Discontinued??? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; As somebody noted previously, it would take a major upgrade to Android that is incompatible with the N1, and or a major speed upgrade (i.e. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexus One Discontinued???

As somebody noted previously, it would take a major upgrade to Android that is incompatible with the N1, and or a major speed upgrade (i.e. 2.5 GHz) without major loss of battery life to get me to upgrade, and/or a 3D phone, although I'm not much of a gamer. So I'm imagining there will be something coming out in late 2011 that will pique my interest.

And with X-Plane coming to Android, that could get me going as well. I love that Paper Airplane game.

I don't plan on getting a different phone either, but I am curious where those who said the phone will be in retail stores are getting their information.

Google made that statement in their press release. They noted only Vodafone and a South Korean partner for this (I don't recall the name). So far, I do not believe that they have announced a retail outlet in the US, unfortunately.

I wonder why a US carrier hasn't picked it up? Maybe they think it's too old now. T-Mobile seems the likely choice to me since the N1 has run on their network since the beginning and they don't have a greatest selection of Android devices IMO.

Also, any Canadian carrier would do well with this phone. Again, most of them have a poor selection of Androids.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    I wonder why a US carrier hasn't picked it up? Maybe they think it's too old now. T-Mobile seems the likely choice to me since the N1 has run on their network since the beginning and they don't have a greatest selection of Android devices IMO.

Also, any Canadian carrier would do well with this phone. Again, most of them have a poor selection of Androids.
    google wanted to keep the phone unlocked and "free"

Nexus One ... the end is near?

Very sad to read that first they stopped selling direct from the googlestore.
    Now we are told to purchase it through our country's affiliated carrier (Vodafone in the UK)...
    This means in a very short time there won't be anymore points of sale here as in the UK sale of any particular model is very short.
    Furthermore, getting the original accessories replaced here are next to impossible. I contacted HTC UK to replace the Nexus One Original sleeve and was told they did not have them.
    HTC US do, and sell them when requested but do not dispatch outside the US...
    This is the BEST PHONE I ever had.
    However I am very disappointed at what is now happening.
    I will keep the N.O. but I will have to think long and hard should a N2 come along before I part with my cash.
    Still, N.O. beats the Jesus phone hands down and I won't become an I-bore
    :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by gaetanlondon View Post
    Now we are advised to purchase it through our country's affiliated carrier (Vodafone in the UK)... It means in a very short time there won't be anymore points of sale here as in the UK sale of any particular model is very short.
    Furethermore, getting the original accessories replaced are next to impossible. I contacted HTC UK to replace the Nexus One Original sleeve and was told they did not have them.
    Thisis the BEST PHONE I ever had, but I am getting very disappointed at what is now happening.
    Yes I will keep the N.O. but I will have to think long and hard if a N2 comes along b4 I part with my cash.
    Still, beats the Jesus phone hands down for me coz I don't want to become an I-bore
    Tell HTC UK you have an HTC Desire.... let us know what they say....

Unhappy the HTC response to your suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gaetanlondon View Post
    Now we are advised to purchase it through our country's affiliated carrier (Vodafone in the UK)... It means in a very short time there won't be anymore points of sale here as in the UK sale of any particular model is very short.
    Furethermore, getting the original accessories replaced are next to impossible. I contacted HTC UK to replace the Nexus One Original sleeve and was told they did not have them.
    Thisis the BEST PHONE I ever had, but I am getting very disappointed at what is now happening.
    Yes I will keep the N.O. but I will have to think long and hard if a N2 comes along b4 I part with my cash.
    Still, beats the Jesus phone hands down for me coz I don't want to become an I-bore
    Tell HTC UK you have an HTC Desire.... let us know what they say....
    Thank you for intrest in our products We dont offer any cases or sleeves, you can purchease one from our accessory store link below HTC: Accessory store: HTC Desire

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number 10GBCW30ENA001306.

Sincerely,

Piotr

HTC

Not much luck there again, the original protective sleeve still not addressed.... Getting disappointed now with HTC UK

24th july 2010 Vodafone UK tells me try Ebay. Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links