SD card?

This is a discussion on SD card? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey guys, First post here. I just picked up a Nexus One, coming from an iPhone, and I'm really impressed with the depth of this ...

Thread: SD card?

SD card?

Hey guys,

First post here.

I just picked up a Nexus One, coming from an iPhone, and I'm really impressed with the depth of this phone.

Also like that it has a bit of a learning curve to it, and has so much potential.

This is probably a noob question to most, but I'm a bit confused about how the storage works. Seems everything is getting placed on my internal memory, and when I go into Manage Applications, I have only been able to move a couple of apps to the SD card (Google Sky was one of them).

Can anyone shed a little light on this.

As well, I have the factory 4GB, and was thinking to go up to a 16GB. If I got the new card, can I simply copy/paste all the data from the the 4 to 16 and just put it in?

Thanks in advance

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hey damien, welcome to the forums!!

As of Froyo, app developers have the ability to install their apps to internal storage, external storage or "auto" (the system decides). So if the developer hasn't used this new feature then you can't move the app to sd. As apps are updated for Froyo, I'm sure we'll see more of them with apps2sd ability.

As far as switching sd cards goes, I've done it twice. I just copied everything to the new card and everything worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Hey damien, welcome to the forums!!

As of Froyo, app developers have the ability to install their apps to internal storage, external storage or "auto" (the system decides). So if the developer hasn't used this new feature then you can't move the app to sd. As apps are updated for Froyo, I'm sure we'll see more of them with apps2sd ability.

As far as switching sd cards goes, I've done it twice. I just copied everything to the new card and everything worked fine.
    Thanks for the help!

That 512MB internal is running out mighty quick

As for SD cards, any brand you suggest. Was thinking about getting a cheap 16GB from eBay. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by damien8 View Post
    Thanks for the help!

That 512MB internal is running out mighty quick

As for SD cards, any brand you suggest. Was thinking about getting a cheap 16GB from eBay. Thoughts?
    I stay away from Ebay, had a bad experience with a card. I found a dirt cheap 16GB on there and bought it right away. The card seemed fine until I started loading it with music and it ran out of space!!

I ran a few checks on the card and it was actually a 2GB card Even though it was marked as 16GB!

I ended-up getting a good 8GB SanDisk from Amazon. I find SanDisk to be a good brand (if bought from a reputable source), never had one fail yet.

I use an A-Data 16gb class 6, I believe from NewEgg online. Zero problems.

If you decide to root and install custom roms, ones like cyanogemod will allow for moving apps to your sd card.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links