different froyo types?

This is a discussion on different froyo types? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; This is my first android phone and i have noticed that there different froyo um models i guess i'm not sure. i have seen FRF50 ...

Thread: different froyo types?

different froyo types?

This is my first android phone and i have noticed that there different froyo um models i guess i'm not sure. i have seen FRF50 to FRF97 are higher numbers better or what is the difference?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

FRF91 is the official (and final) Froyo release from Google. All others are test builds that got leaked to the public.

Ah thank you that was really starting to bother me

No prob

I saw in your other thread you're getting the N1 tomorrow, so you'll probably get the update over the air from Google as soon as your fire it up.

can i still root after the 2.2 update?

If you want to root right away don't update. It will save you the pain and suffering if you root from 2.1 then install a custom ROM or a root version of Froyo to get 2.2. Otherwise you need to downgrade to 2.1 to root.

If you haven't heard of it already, I suggest superboot. It's a dead easy way to root the phone. 24/Jun ERD79 -> FRF83 - Superboot - rooting the Nexus One - Android @ MoDaCo

But you should think about it. Unless you have specific reasons for rooting, it might not be worth it initially. Stock 2.2 is superb.

Well is there really any reason to hack? I have heard that the custom cyan rom is really nice and makes the device faster, but is that really true?
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

I haven't used CM6 for Froyo yet so I'm not sure, but CM5 on 2.1 did make the device faster.

However, Froyo now has a JIT compiler so that really speeds things up! A lot of people getting faster speeds are overclocking their devices with a different kernel to get >1MHz and that doesn't have anything to do with CM6.

You should do a search on here for rooting. A lot of reasons are given. I did it mostly because I could get better battery life, colored trackball alerts & trackball wake and I hate the gray notification bar so I turned it black. Plus I just wanted to fool around with my phone

Froyo brings some of these to the stock ROM too.

thank you this is already the best forum i have ever joined thanks for all the help
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links