Texted pic size issue...how can I change pic size?

This is a discussion on Texted pic size issue...how can I change pic size? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Ok, so I had a really strange experience tonight. I took a pic of a friend with my Nexus One then sent it via text ...

Thread: Texted pic size issue...how can I change pic size?

Texted pic size issue...how can I change pic size?

Ok, so I had a really strange experience tonight. I took a pic of a friend with my Nexus One then sent it via text to three other friends. (this was a first, I've e-mailed pics before but haven't texted one from my Nexus) One of my friends has an N1 and he received the pic just fine. He could view it, save it, etc. The other two both got the text message (MMS) but instead of the photo all they got was an error telling them that the attachment was "too large".

My friend who successfully received the pic with their N1 is on T-Mobile. Of the two who got "attachment too large" messages, one of them has an iPhone on AT&T and the other a Blackberry Curve on Verizon. So I don't think it's an issue of either the device or the provider. I sent the pic attached to the same text message, addressed to all three, so it was sent to all three phones at the same time. (Just as an experiment I had all 3 text a photo to me, and my N1 received each photo without a problem.)

Has anyone else ever experienced this issue? If so, were you able to figure out what the problem was? Are the pics from a N1 that large that they should be rejected by another phone? Surely pics taken with a Nexus can't only be texted to another Nexus?

And, can anyone please tell me how to change the size of a pic taken with the Nexus One? I guess I need to ask about two different situations:

1) Can you change/alter/pre-set the size of a photo you're going to take with the Nexus One, before you take it?

and

2) Once you have a photo in your Galary, how can you edit/change it's size? Is there a method/app that allows you to change a pic's size? I've searched this forum and found comments on several "photo editing" apps, but when I look at them on Androlib and on the Market they all talk about their features....changing colors, cropping, black-n-white, "red eye" fixes, etc.....but none of them show an ability to change the size of a photo, or to re-size a photo.

Thanks, as always...I really hope someone can help me with this one!

Skip

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

My guess is that there is some sort of compatibility issue with the phone services. My gf has a blackberry on tmobile and we have no problems with pics. To answer your question. No I know of no app that will change picture size.

What I suggest is to change the resolution when you take the pic. Put it on something other than high. This may work, but it may not. It'll sure tell you whether it's a compatibility issue or not.

I use Handcent for SMS, and if I try to send a pic, it automatically asks me if I want to resize it. Once I select "yes", it does so, and then sends the message.

I've send a bunch of pics to a friend with a BB Curve, and she gets them all, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I use Handcent for SMS, and if I try to send a pic, it automatically asks me if I want to resize it. Once I select "yes", it does so, and then sends the message.

I've send a bunch of pics to a friend with a BB Curve, and she gets them all, no problem.
    Now that you mention it. I use the stock and it does too.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links