N1 Dies, Now What?

This is a discussion on N1 Dies, Now What? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by WERA689 Simple media reports, and thorough reading (rather than self-serving skimming) is all it would have taken to let the wind out ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: N1 Dies, Now What?

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Simple media reports, and thorough reading (rather than self-serving skimming) is all it would have taken to let the wind out of your sails, Hal. And it DOES become a rant when you refuse to hear the facts that dispute your conclusions.
    But hey..everyone's got the right to feel disappointed too...I'm certainly not going to stand in the way of anyone's need to feel disappointed! It's still just a widget, and Google proved a 'carrier-less' unit could be done, but I think any 'fault' for perceived failure of Google's experiment lies soley on the consumer: displeasure with actually paying a non-subsidised price.

ap3604 - Trantrum? Obviously you don't have kids. Clearly the intent of the N1 was to shake up the industry. But the bigger picture was providing leadership going forward. Technology moves fast these days, a Nexus Two would be appropriate. Maybe there will be one but it'll be just another HTC device. It's not the same. HTC isn't going to provide leadership. In fairness, maybe it was just too much for Google. They lost control and now they should concentrate on getting all the disparate systems on the same platform.

Krew - Google gave up the Brand. There's plenty of Android phones now (arguably maybe better than N1 already). I think N1 is history, likely no N2, We'll see what happens next.

Sheanzy - Did you catch the rumors of 2 Ghz Gingerbread unit from HTC by year-end? Unless you're buying a backup N1 for you museum.......
    Rumors are rumors. What are ylu trying to say about Gingerbread and 2GHz?

If youre thinking that 2ghz is a standard or requirement to run Gingerbread, then you are well behind.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Red face USA is not the World

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    I'm very appreciative of Google for coming out with a phone that is totally free of carrier control.

Hal should be too instead of throwing a tantrum that Google didn't overthrow the cellular carriers (which isn't possible anyways)
    The Nexus One was the First Carrier Free Phone in USA

But... the world is round, in India Carriers and handsets are completely delinked... and have been FOREVER!

We even have dual SIM mobile phones (GSM& GSM, GSM & CDMA)

The User is King... that's what we got for jumping in late... went straight from pulse dialing wired phonelines to cellular phones (we skipped the pager era ENTIRELY)

I REALLY DID NOT WANT TO RESPOND HERE-
    go here for a life affirming thread-
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...one-think.html

Advanced Android

Even if Google failed to change the market model, they at the very least moved android further. From the Nexus One came all the current models of Android phones. Without the N1 Android may not have moved forward as fast since the code would have been stuck with weaker hardware....Sounds like job done to me...

Quote Originally Posted by rverp1 View Post
    Even if Google failed to change the market model, they at the very least moved android further. From the Nexus One came all the current models of Android phones. Without the N1 Android may not have moved forward as fast since the code would have been stuck with weaker hardware....Sounds like job done to me...
    Heartily Agreed!
    Cheers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links