Removing the Lock Screen

This is a discussion on Removing the Lock Screen within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've downloaded WidgetLocker (by kokk) and it's currently locking as a swipe (left to right). After I unlock WidgetLocker, the stock lock screen (patterns) comes ...

Thread: Removing the Lock Screen

Removing the Lock Screen

I've downloaded WidgetLocker (by kokk) and it's currently locking as a swipe (left to right). After I unlock WidgetLocker, the stock lock screen (patterns) comes and basically it's two locks to get to your home screen.

Is there any way to disable the stock (pattern) home screen so Lock Screen can take over?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by jamezgt View Post
    I've downloaded WidgetLocker (by kokk) and it's currently locking as a swipe (left to right). After I unlock WidgetLocker, the stock lock screen (patterns) comes and basically it's two locks to get to your home screen.

Is there any way to disable the stock (pattern) home screen so Lock Screen can take over?
    If you don't want to deal with unlocking the phone download the no lock app.

Next question...

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamezgt View Post

If you don't want to deal with unlocking the phone download the no lock app.

Next question...
    Hmm.

I'll try that application out, if it doesn't remove the WidgetLocker that would be great.

If you want to disable the pattern lock it's a system setting, go to Settings > Location & Security and uncheck Require pattern

Wanted to get your opinions

I've changed from Pattern (which was sooo cool - like show-off magic) to alphanumeric Lock

Could touch-screen smudges reveal passwords? | Crave - CNET

If I used a lock pattern, I wouldn't worry about it. For one thing, I use Swype as my keyboard input, so even if I didn't wipe my screen frequently, no one would be able to differentiate one smudge from another.

Thanks Maris

UPDATE -

Smudges on your Android touchscreen could give away your password | Crave | CNET UK

i read this and heaved a sigh of relief...

"This shouldn't suggest that graphical passwords are any less safe than traditional alphanumeric passwords, either. Going to the effort of stealing a device, photographing the screen and analysing the image at high contrast seems almost as tricky as trying to decipher a four-digit password -- especially as many people tend to use easy-to-crack pins for their mobile phones.

If anything, pins and alphanumeric passwords could be considered less secure than graphical passwords, because people tend to use the same code for all of their devices."

Ads