Why HTC customer service puts Apple's to shame

This is a discussion on Why HTC customer service puts Apple's to shame within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; good for you!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why HTC customer service puts Apple's to shame

good for you!

Did you get the amoled or are they all S-LCD now? Curious as I have to send mine in but am worried about getting an S-LCD.
    Some people have said that the S-LCD screen is comparable to the Amoled but this video has me freaked.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUF4dLVdFKc]YouTube - Google Nexus One AMOLED vs SLCD[/ame]

I still got the AMOLED screen.

Just dropped and shattered my screen, what was the number you called, i want to do option one

Quote Originally Posted by killerbender View Post
    100 bucks??
    there is a 20$ DIY screen repair kit for the iphone. And why not for the N1?
    Have you seen the nexus one tear downs? I personally would not attempt it, I much rather (and did few months back) pay the $100 and get it fixed by HTC. Plus having HTC fix it means you keep your warranty (of the few of us left that have a valid warranty still).
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

I was very happy with my recent HTC customer support as I had dropped my phone as well a few weeks ago (http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ce-repair.html).

When I called my warranty had just expired three days before. However, they were nice enough to let it fly (unless it was a mistake on their part) so I only paid $55 for the repair of the Digitizer (shattered touch screen) instead of the $115. Excellent service. Would send in again! *knock on wood*

My Nexus One power button was non responsive. I called HTC on Monday the 7th of February and shipped it the same day. HTC fixed it and it should be expected tomorrow the 10th of February! Also my warranty expired last month but they let it fly and fixed it for free!!!!! from now on, I will only buy HTC branded phones...

Quote Originally Posted by Sxnook321 View Post
    My Nexus One power button was non responsive. I called HTC on Monday the 7th of February and shipped it the same day. HTC fixed it and it should be expected tomorrow the 10th of February! Also my warranty expired last month but they let it fly and fixed it for free!!!!! from now on, I will only buy HTC branded phones...
    That's my minor gripe. I had initially told the representative that my power button was many times non responsive as well. Possibly they looked into it but didn't really fix the issue or weren't able to. Instead I installed the ProtectKey app which lets you press the track ball or volume controls to wake up the phone when it's asleep. So, it's no biggie. Hence why I haven't called them back.

Hope they were able to fix your problem. Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by wmarcel View Post
    I was very happy with my recent HTC customer support as I had dropped my phone as well a few weeks ago (http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ce-repair.html).

When I called my warranty had just expired three days before. However, they were nice enough to let it fly (unless it was a mistake on their part) so I only paid $55 for the repair of the Digitizer (shattered touch screen) instead of the $115. Excellent service. Would send in again! *knock on wood*
    Seems to me, since you paid for the repair, this was a non-warranty issue. Not sure why you would get a discount because it's under warranty, or is that how the warranty works, repairs are discounted in the warranty period?

Maybe they didn't have to replace the Digitizer, and only needed to replace the glass or something like that (I'm not familiar with the details of the design) and that's why it cost less for you?

I've had good experiences with HTC myself, too.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0warmy View Post
    After owning an iPhone 2G, 3G, and 3GS. I decided to switch to Android as I had high hopes for the Nexus One. And just as I expected, the hardware/software delivered. Android took some getting used to but it now makes my old iPhone just seem so limited.

While the hardware and software are great, the main reason why I believe Google/Nexus One shine over Apple and the iPhone, is their customer service.

When I broke my 3GS Apple basically told me to either pay full price for a new one or screw off. However, 4 days ago I dropped my Nexus One without its case and shattered the screen. I immediately called Google and was connected to an English speaking woman almost instantly. After explaining to her exactly what happened, she had me pay $100 and they overnighted me a replacement, simple as that! They even told me they would replace the damaged phone up to 3 times within 12 months.

You'd think this would be common practice to ensure customers stick around. Someone should clue Apple in.

What was the google number you called?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links