Why HTC customer service puts Apple's to shame

This is a discussion on Why HTC customer service puts Apple's to shame within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; After owning an iPhone 2G, 3G, and 3GS. I decided to switch to Android as I had high hopes for the Nexus One. And just ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why HTC customer service puts Apple's to shame

Why HTC customer service puts Apple's to shame

After owning an iPhone 2G, 3G, and 3GS. I decided to switch to Android as I had high hopes for the Nexus One. And just as I expected, the hardware/software delivered. Android took some getting used to but it now makes my old iPhone just seem so limited.

While the hardware and software are great, the main reason why I believe Google/Nexus One shine over Apple and the iPhone, is their customer service.

When I broke my 3GS Apple basically told me to either pay full price for a new one or screw off. However, 4 days ago I dropped my Nexus One without its case and shattered the screen. I immediately called Google and was connected to an English speaking woman almost instantly. After explaining to her exactly what happened, she had me pay $100 and they overnighted me a replacement, simple as that! They even told me they would replace the damaged phone up to 3 times within 12 months.

You'd think this would be common practice to ensure customers stick around. Someone should clue Apple in.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well said, and true.

Steve says you're calling the wrong company!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadao View Post
    Anything with an i in the front of it from Apple is not for me.

Thanks for sharing your story! /OT..Snow sounds nice right about now!:rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your story! /OT..Snow sounds nice right about now!:rofl3:
    haha, I know. It's hotter than hell here in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0warmy View Post
    After owning an iPhone 2G, 3G, and 3GS. I decided to switch to Android as I had high hopes for the Nexus One. And just as I expected, the hardware/software delivered. Android took some getting used to but it now makes my old iPhone just seem so limited.

While the hardware and software are great, the main reason why I believe Google/Nexus One shine over Apple and the iPhone, is their customer service.

When I broke my 3GS Apple basically told me to either pay full price for a new one or screw off. However, 4 days ago I dropped my Nexus One without its case and shattered the screen. I immediately called Google and was connected to an English speaking woman almost instantly. After explaining to her exactly what happened, she had me pay $100 and they overnighted me a replacement, simple as that! They even told me they would replace the damaged phone up to 3 times within 12 months.

You'd think this would be common practice to ensure customers stick around. Someone should clue Apple in.

Wow thats crazy good Customer Service!

So once they repair your old phone's glass screen do they send you the old one that still has a bunch of scratches on the body? Or do you keep the new one they sent you?

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post

Wow thats crazy good Customer Service!

So once they repair your old phone's glass screen do they send you the old one that still has a bunch of scratches on the body? Or do you keep the new one they sent you?
    Well here's how it works: (You actually have 2 options)

Option 1) They overnight you a new one and they create a pending transaction of $529 within your bank account. Once you receive the new phone you ship the broken one back to them in the box/shipping label they provide.

Once they receive your old phone they erase the pending transaction and charge $100 to your bank account.

Option 2) You ship your broken phone to HTC. They receive it, fix the damage and charge you $100 once the repairs are complete. Then they ship your original phone back to you with the repairs done.

I chose to go with option 1 because, for the same price, I'm getting a brand new one without any scratches on it. You just have to be able and willing to have a $529 pending transaction on your bank account for ~7 days.

Angry Jealous

I am soo Jealous of you guys!
    HTC in India won't even Look at my N1.

Hey! Even Their HTC Desire is not here!

Suckz Bad being on the otherside of the world.

100 bucks??
    there is a 20$ DIY screen repair kit for the iphone. And why not for the N1?

Quote Originally Posted by killerbender View Post
    100 bucks??
    there is a 20$ DIY screen repair kit for the iphone. And why not for the N1?
    The N1 is not widely used enough for manufacturers to spend money on accessories/repair kits for it. which is why there are very limited cases for the phone and essentially no accessories such as speaker docks and car mounts.

And $100 for a complete replacement on a $530 phone? That's a great deal if you ask me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links