Mixzing

This is a discussion on Mixzing within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; While I do think the Mixzing Pro media player is a pretty good, full featured app, I just wanted to post my experience. After downloading/installing ...

Thread: Mixzing

Mixzing

While I do think the Mixzing Pro media player is a pretty good, full featured app, I just wanted to post my experience.

After downloading/installing the latest update, Mixzing could not find any songs in my 30 playlists. Each time I opened a playlist, it said "No Songs Found." When I opened the Songs folder, there they all were.

I didn't delete data, do a system close, or anything else to cause this and I can't think of any reason on my end why the song lists would vanish from the playlists.

I did a "search data" from the Mixzing app, but didn't help. I rebooted the phone but it didn't help. I emailed the developer and have not received a reply yet, but I'll post when I do.

I ended up manually rebuilding all 30 playlists from the 800 mp3s I have on the phone. A real PITA.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have exact same problem with mspot...no matter what I do, when i try to look at music on my phone it shows no downloads and I have few hundred songs downloaded and plays just fine with other music apps.
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

@ cbroberts2010 Sorry about your problems w/ mspot. I suggest you start a thread about mspot and maybe others can share their experience w/ mspot.

This thread is about Mixzing.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    @ cbroberts2010 Sorry about your problems w/ mspot. I suggest you start a thread about mspot and maybe others can share their experience w/ mspot.

This thread is about Mixzing.

Key is quite right...since you're using a different program, you'll likely get more help by starting a thread addressing that program. Not to say that you shouldn't follow this one to see if there's a solution that might help, but mspot issues do deserve a separate thread.

Not trying to crash your thread but thought since same category app, the fix is probably the same or similar. I am sure starting a thread for each individual app would be clutter for the forum...anyway I have the paid version of mixzing and the dev has not answered my last email either although very quickly answered others.
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

Still no reply from Mixzing developer.

Did you try sdrescan?

Quote Originally Posted by arachnid View Post
    Did you try sdrescan?
    Thanks, but no I did not. However I just installed SDrescan and may try it if this ever happens again.

The files are there. Mixzing lists the files in its Songs folder. That's not the problem.

The problem is that when I downloaded/installed the last update to Mixzing, it deleted my song list in each of the 30 Playlist folders.

I emailed the Dev for a solution but he ignored my request for help.

I ended up manually rebuilding the Playlists. It took several hours and was a real hassle (over 800 mp3 files, some listed in more than one Playlist.)

I use this in my work. I teach music at a local university and use these Playlists at various times during classes.

Well, it happened again.

I opened Mixzing and sure enough - all the songs vanished from the Playlists.

I ran sdrescan but it didn't put the songs back.

App uninstalled - I want my money back from the Developer. This sucks bigtime!

Trying to access the help pages linked from the app returns this error:

Error 502 - Bad Request
    The server could not resolve your request for uri: http://helpsrv-android.mixzing.com/help/Android/com.mixzing.basic/24/playlists.html
    I'll contact him through Google Checkout and also alert my credit card company since he hasn't responded to my emails so far.

[edit]

Dev refunded upgrade amount.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links