travelling to Italy and Spain in 2 weeks, taking att nexus one with me, will it work?

This is a discussion on travelling to Italy and Spain in 2 weeks, taking att nexus one with me, will it work? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; FYI, I'm in Italy now, and dealing with vodafone has been problematic, to say the least. I bought my SIM, and it was explained as ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: travelling to Italy and Spain in 2 weeks, taking att nexus one with me, will it work?

FYI, I'm in Italy now, and dealing with vodafone has been problematic, to say the least. I bought my SIM, and it was explained as people here have said: 50 euro, with 23 euro credit, and internet is 3 euro a week for 500MB. She even wrote that at the bottom of my contract.

However, my credit ran out a week later, right when I really needed data (went to a different city), and the Vodafone Guy at the store in Florence said I was out of credit, and I needed more to reactivate my data. He said my phone had never been set up for data. I begrudgingly put another 5 euro on the card, because the guy said there was nothing else he could do, and I had to talk to the original store in Rome again. Nice.

Yesterday, I finally managed to talk to someone over the phone who spoke English (called the 800 number). She said I was getting charged 5 euro every time I connected to the internet. She refunded half my credit to 15 euro again, but now, its almost gone again.

Not impressed so far at all....

I never got the first text about data being active (got a different one that I assumed was it), but I did get that message after the Guy in Florence reactivated it.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Nexus One: "Hold it any way you want to!"

Well, they phoned me today, and apparently I was given a bad APN, which was confusing the system. web.omnitel.it is supposedly an old apn which charges by time. They told me to use wap.vodafone.it, which didn't work. I phoned again, and a Guy with terrible English told me to use wap.omnitel.it, which also didn't work.

This is soon annoying, especially since I SHOWED the Guy at vodafone in Florence my apn settings, and he told me they were correct. >

I wandered Rome for an open wifi, and found a site that recommended mobile.vodafone.it, which appears to be working :/

Vodafone seems very confused about their own apn's.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Well, they phoned me today, and apparently I was given a bad APN, which was confusing the system.
    that some time happen you'll gonna use to it. lol

Just a follow-up:

They had recommended again to use wap.vodafone.it, but this wouldn't work without some "special settings" which they never sent.

The APN that worked was mobile.vodafone.it. I used this for 2 more weeks in Italy, with no problems, and got charged the proper 3 Euro per week.

Hope that helps somebody someday.

Why won't anyone who travel to Italy and Spain instead of taking ATT Nexus One, take me?? No need to fix any APN...

InViSiBLe-cHoKe by TaPaTaLk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links