travelling to Italy and Spain in 2 weeks, taking att nexus one with me, will it work?

This is a discussion on travelling to Italy and Spain in 2 weeks, taking att nexus one with me, will it work? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; From what I understand my att nexus on should work in italy and spain with a vodafone sim card using the 2100 mhz band but ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: travelling to Italy and Spain in 2 weeks, taking att nexus one with me, will it work?

travelling to Italy and Spain in 2 weeks, taking att nexus one with me, will it work?

From what I understand my att nexus on should work in italy and spain with a vodafone sim card using the 2100 mhz band but not at 3G speed.

What i'm not even sure about is if on a pay as you go plan if I can even get data with vodafone.

If anyone is familiar with vodafone and what they offer for their plans please help me out.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Your N1 WILL work as a phone anywhere in the world....

IF you ensure you have activated international roaming with your Telecom service provider prior to leaving your home country

Regarding Data - that's a bit tricky...listen to dixy

I would suggest it be best avoided as charges are exorbitant - take your N1 data cable and use a local cybercafe instead

Hope we helped!

What I usually do is buy a local pay as you go number in the country I am visiting. It saves me from using the über expensive roaming charges. But that means you have to be using an unlocked cellphone.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Your N1 WILL work as a phone anywhere in the world....

IF you ensure you have activated international roaming with your Telecom service provider prior to leaving your home country

Regarding Data - that's a bit tricky...listen to dixy

I would suggest it be best avoided as charges are exorbitant - take your N1 data cable and use a local cybercafe instead

Hope we helped!

there's no way i'm using my carrier roaming in europe, bell's the biggest ripoff. I don't even use my phone in the US, i use a tmobile pay as you go instead.

what i'm planning is to buy a sim card in spain and italy as i travel. Just want to make sure the vodafone cards will work in my phone. If anyone knows what they're prices are and how much it is to buy a straight no-contract sim card that's what i'd like to figure out.

Well that is a plus point. Unlocked Nexus One win. But different telcos use different bands... check it up first...

"You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post
    Well that is a plus point. Unlocked Nexus One win. But different telcos use different bands... check it up first...

Correct me if I'm wrong
    But
    Don't we have Quad Band Phones?
    Covering the ENTIRE GSM Voice 2G spectrum?

Att

I have used ATT all over Europe with a data buy down and calling plan (do not remember details). It is still on my account and I just use the ATT SIM. Sometimes edge and sometimes 3G but the Nexus has never missed a beat and the call quality everywhere (Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy and even Sicily) were all better than at home in US. Cost did not seem too bad but it weren't cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong
    But
    Don't we have Quad Band Phones?
    Covering the ENTIRE GSM Voice 2G spectrum?

That's correct.

I am interested in this too, as I am spending some time in Italy in late Aug, and Sept. I did a bit of checking around, and apparently you can buy a cheap pay as you go SIM with a good amount of data. I'm just not sure yet where to go when I get there.

I recently read a story about a Canadian using his iPhone in Europe, who racked up close to 8,000 in roaming, so it's a good idea to be careful.

MobileSyrup.com - Canadian Mobile Phone News & Reviews - Cell phones and Accessories

Anyone with more advice on the pay-as-you-go card in Italy, I too would love to hear it!
    Nexus One: "Hold it any way you want to!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links