Problem Displaying Wallpapers

This is a discussion on Problem Displaying Wallpapers within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've had this problem for several weeks and never really figured out what was happening. I have my wallpapers in a walpapers folder - I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem Displaying Wallpapers

Problem Displaying Wallpapers

I've had this problem for several weeks and never really figured out what was happening. I have my wallpapers in a walpapers folder - I goto the Gallery and select "set as" on any wall paper, and it will either crash or give me an incorrect wallpaper.

It'll import a green grassy wallpaper (that I have NEVER seen before) instead of the wallpaper I originally wanted. Once in a while it corporates with me, and I get the wallpaper I want but it's really annoying. I try long-pressing and selecting the wallpaper from there, and still no luck (also tried Astro).

Also, if my wallpaper does work - it WILL NOT show the desired wallpaper on the lock screen, the stupid green grass wallpaper will take over!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You say several Weeks, did it used to work before? Can you trace it to an app you installed that caused it to stop working?
    Have you tried a system wipe to restore it to out of the box?

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    You say several Weeks, did it used to work before? Can you trace it to an app you installed that caused it to stop working?
    Have you tried a system wipe to restore it to out of the box?
    It's been happening since I've been using 2.1 (I just flashed to Cyanogen 6.0 last week). I thought by flashing to a new ROM (and obviously wiping) it would fix this issue. Still no luck though, is there a bug with the N1 Gallery or anything like that?

Sorry, I don't know anything about the ROMS, I am on a standard Froyo release.
    I do know that the Gallery has it's problems though with the Froyo release.
    Maybe another reader on the forum more familiar with ROMS will chime in and help.

Quote Originally Posted by jamezgt View Post
    I've had this problem for several weeks and never really figured out what was happening. I have my wallpapers in a walpapers folder - I goto the Gallery and select "set as" on any wall paper, and it will either crash or give me an incorrect wallpaper.
    You don't go to Gallery to set your wallpapers. Just long-press on an empty spot on one of your home pages until the menu pop-up appears. Select "Wallpapers" and from there select whichever wallpaper you want from Live wallpapers or Wallpaper gallery (unless you want a photo for your wallpaper). Then you can configure the wallpaper as you want and save the selection.

Or press home button then press the one to the left of it and you get wallpaper option

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    my other phone's a nexus too

I've tried the long-pressing method already, and the other method and still no luck. Any other ideas

Quote Originally Posted by jamezgt View Post

It'll import a green grassy wallpaper (that I have NEVER seen before) instead of the wallpaper I originally wanted. Once in a while it corporates with me, and I get the wallpaper I want but it's really annoying. I try long-pressing and selecting the wallpaper from there, and still no luck (also tried Astro).

Also, if my wallpaper does work - it WILL NOT show the desired wallpaper on the lock screen, the stupid green grass wallpaper will take over!
    I have the exact same problem!! I have to reboot my phone for it to show up and even then the image doesn't look quite right .. almost pixelated .. that's not the right word but it just looks like poo .. any ideas? Thanks

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I had that problem happen once also. I don't remember what it was, but it stop doing it. I THINK it was Launcher Pro. I can't remember but I THINK I uninstalled and reinstalled it. But yeah I got that grassy wall paper too.

BTW it really don't matter if you long press or go straight to the gallery to set as wallpaper. You can also set wallpaper from a website image. The problem lies within a conflict but I'm sorry I can't remember what it was.

I wanna say Launcher Pro was the problem but only 25% sure cause it was so long ago.
    Androidfied.

hmm I just restarted LP and so far so good .. so I guess when that problem comes up again I will just do that .. I can't seem to figure out why my wallpapers dont look as smooth as other peoples on their screenshots though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links