tmobile 4g

This is a discussion on tmobile 4g within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; i know it's not real 4g, but i dont see any increase in speed. is it just b/c i'm in a high density area? nyc. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: tmobile 4g

  1. #1
    Senior Member deel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    300

    tmobile 4g

    i know it's not real 4g, but i dont see any increase in speed. is it just b/c i'm in a high density area? nyc. i dont even get 3g in my apt building, i get stuck on edge.

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Senior Member iPhoneSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Haven't noticed any difference in speed here in Houston.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

  4. #3
    Senior Member deel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Haven't noticed any difference in speed here in Houston.

    right, so i call bs on tmobile. i do get less dropped calls than att, but reception in buildings sucks compared to att or verizon

  5. #4
    Member India Whiskey Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    72
    Have had T-Mobile since I got my Nexus One in January. Their 3G coverage in So Cal is pretty good and I am able to get 1-1.5 Mbps at least half the time. Other times, it's about 0.5-1.0 Mbps. The closer to 0.5 it is, the more it fluctuates between 3G and Edge which makes any browsing impossible. Having said that, I have an apartment in the heart of Beverly Hills in which I cannot get 3G at all.

    So yeah, T-Mobile is far from being able to give us 4G speeds through HSPA+...

  6. #5
    Senior Member deel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by India Whiskey Charlie View Post
    Have had T-Mobile since I got my Nexus One in January. Their 3G coverage in So Cal is pretty good and I am able to get 1-1.5 Mbps at least half the time. Other times, it's about 0.5-1.0 Mbps. The closer to 0.5 it is, the more it fluctuates between 3G and Edge which makes any browsing impossible. Having said that, I have an apartment in the heart of Beverly Hills in which I cannot get 3G at all.

    So yeah, T-Mobile is far from being able to give us 4G speeds through HSPA+...

    i pretty much get the same speeds as you. sucks that tmobile is lying, sucks for all of us, but glad to hear i'm not the only one.

  7. #6
    Senior Member sotorious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    272
    i get under 300kb here in Houston no matter where i am at.

  8. #7
    Senior Member iPhoneSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
    i get under 300kb here in Houston no matter where i am at.
    Just tested mine. Download 741 kbps Upload 426 kbps.

    Houston
    Westpark/Gessner Rd.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

  9. #8
    Senior Member sotorious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
    i get under 300kb here in Houston no matter where i am at.
    Just tested mine. Download 741 kbps Upload 426 kbps.

    Houston
    Westpark/Gessner Rd.

    lucky. You have it on the houston tx server? i just got 0.34 mbps and 0.11 upload mbps. Westhimer HWY6

  10. #9
    Senior Member RalphieSpeaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    128
    Indianapolis: They said we were getting HSPA+ today

    Yesterday I ran 930/617 at my home and at work today I ran 2758/602

    Not sure if HSPA+ rollout explains the bump but I am going to keep an eye on it.

  11. #10
    Senior Member iPhoneSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
    i get under 300kb here in Houston no matter where i am at.
    Just tested mine. Download 741 kbps Upload 426 kbps.

    Houston
    Westpark/Gessner Rd.

    lucky. You have it on the houston tx server? i just got 0.34 mbps and 0.11 upload mbps. Westhimer HWY6
    I'm about 3 miles from you. I have it on the Houston, Tx server however it's been glitchy. My Last 4 tests in kbps:
    Download/Upload
    118/445
    873/466
    1219/362
    17/0
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

htc one tmobile dropped calls 2013 reception

,

nexus one tmobile 4g

,

why nexus 4 does not have 4g tmobile speed

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum