My 1 week experience w/ n1

This is a discussion on My 1 week experience w/ n1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have been using the N1 for exactly a week now. I find that the email is not really up to it when you compare ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 1 week experience w/ n1

My 1 week experience w/ n1

I have been using the N1 for exactly a week now.
    I find that the email is not really up to it when you compare w/ iphone 3GS. The reason I compare it w/ 3GS is because I was a 3GS user so guys please don't shoot me down for this.
    The most annoying thing about this Android OS is I cannot just forward email from somebody to another person. In Gmail I have to copy & paste to do it. Well, I can if I am just going to forward everything. If I have to delete the originality of the email then I have to cut & paste. Just imagine if you have a fairly long email to forward!!
    In a 3GS is dead easy. Just delete whatever you don't want & send. It doesn't matter if is Gmail or Yahoo. I still have not figure out how to forward Yahoo mail.
    Even w/ 1Ghz CPU I am still not impressed. Touchscreen is not as smooth & lacks fluidity.
    Battery in my opinion is no better than the 3GS. I can get by for a day w/ normal usage & I still have to charge every night.
    AFA the apps are concerned. No doubt they are free but then again is all "Lite" version. So no such thing as free lunch.
    At the end of the day there is no such thing as the best phone in the world & that includes iphone as well!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Go to the bottom of the email where you will have the options of 'reply' 'reply all' or 'forward'

Not that hard, is it?

Blindme, I have gone right down to the bottom of my email & like you said, the "reply" & "forward" icons are all there. If you press forward & you still can't delete those sentences that you do not want to forward.
    Cheers mate!

Now I understand, you can't edit the contents of the forwarded email. Never tried it before but I can see how that would be a useful feature

One thing I dont get is everyones gripe with having to charge at night.
    whats the big deal? your sleeping anyways.

regarding the fwd emails, that does suck, I havent tried it yet. hopefully enough people will complain about it and it will be fixed with gingerbread.

E-mail is true, but Android does have a forwarding feature. With my 2.2 nexus one i get about 16 hours of heavy/normal use (checking e-mail, facebook, IM, browse internet/market, play games, call/ heavy texting, music/pandra, youtube, etc), from 8am-12am. Charge before going to sleep.

dont you mean 12 am?

Haha yes 12 am.

Guys, please try to edit your email before you forward. I may have missed out something. Btw, I am on 2.2 Froyo. I am not complaining about the battery here. I merely commented that is no better than the 3GS. Yes, I charge my battery every night before I go to sleep irrespective of whether is a 3GS or N1.
    Cheers mate!!

Quote Originally Posted by dlff View Post
    Guys, please try to edit your email before you forward. I may have missed out something. Btw, I am on 2.2 Froyo. I am not complaining about the battery here. I merely commented that is no better than the 3GS. Yes, I charge my battery every night before I go to sleep irrespective of whether is a 3GS or N1.
    Cheers mate!!
    I don't understand the complaint. You say you're bothered because you cant forward then edit. However, you can copy out the portion you want to forward from the original and paste it into a new email and continue editing or adding more information into a new message to the person you were forwarding it to, so what's the difference? It's a little different method, but accomplishes the same result with the same amount of work. No biggie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links