Tmo mms problem

This is a discussion on Tmo mms problem within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; For some reason my picture messages wont go through. I called t-mobile and asked and they said that I need a data plan for mms ...

Thread: Tmo mms problem

Tmo mms problem

For some reason my picture messages wont go through. I called t-mobile and asked and they said that I need a data plan for mms through smart phones. I find that ridiculous cause I have other friends with smart phones and they send picture messages fine without any data plans.

Is there a way to send picture messages without a data plan? Anything I can do such as mess with the APN settings?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

SMS can be used without a data plan. MMS uses more data. T-Mo needs you to have a data plan to use MMS. It's that simple.

Keyplyr is incorrect.

This is an old thread but I found the solution and I wanted to share it here.

I do not have a data plan (basic family plan). I could send picture messages on my previous phone but never on my Nexus One. I almost gave up thinking that you need a data plan or something but that is not the case.

The T-mobile rep assured me that I do not need a data plan to send or receive picture messages (mms). My phone was not connecting to the data network at all (which the nexus one should do both without and with a data plan). She made another SIM card for me and it fixed everything immediately.

So, you do not need a data plan to send mms (picture messages etc..). All is working excellent on my nexus one without a data plan (except browsing the internet when wifi isnt available...of course)

i have the same problem still... tmo said that the problem is the other carriers, not mine. like i can send pictures to other tmo users, but not other carriers such as att, sprint, verizon etc...

they have tried everything: apns, data plan switch, everything they could think of they've tried.. nothing has worked.. (i did have the mytouch 3g and could send pictures fine to whoever i wanted.. now i cant.) <--- i will go more in detail about this issue if need be.--- but...

... Would it be a sim card issue? i read the comment above mine, and it seems reasonable.. should i just go buy another sim card and try it??

thanks guys =]

Hmmm... don't bother. I just checked mms and it works fine sendinging to other tmobile phones but no one from any other carrier receives them from my nexus one. I do get theirs though...strange indeed...I'm not happy!

I can send pictures to everyone I know except people on at&t which leads me to believe it's not t-mobiles fault. But I can receive pictures from people on at&t too. weird

i think i had this problem when i started to change my apn around.
    now, i have two apns, the default is internet2.voicestream.com and mms is epc.tmobile.com.

since i use the 10 dollar internet service from tmobile, i'm only able to use internet2 for internet stuff, but i wasnt able to send(or recieve) mms.
    so i learned you can set a seperate apn for mms..

but i believe you can just use epc.tmobile.com for both mms and internet as long as you have the 30 dollar data plan

Quote Originally Posted by sinkdrain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    SMS can be used without a data plan. MMS uses more data. T-Mo needs you to have a data plan to use MMS. It's that simple.
    Keyplyr is incorrect.
    Sorry, just relaying what TMO told me. If you found a work-around, terrific!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links