swype

This is a discussion on swype within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; one thing I wish I could do with the keyboard is to be able to have it swype for portrait orientation and switch back to ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: swype

one thing I wish I could do with the keyboard is to be able to have it swype for portrait orientation and switch back to smart keyboard pro for landscape.

One thing I wish it could do is like the default android keyboard: when you select # entry after you press the space key it goes back to alpha entry.

One niggler for me is the HUGE pop up that appears when a word is "hidden" ... you know what i mean?

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    One niggler for me is the HUGE pop up that appears when a word is "hidden" ... you know what i mean?
    Yes I agree. That tips popup is very annoying.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I'm back to my Smart Keyboard Pro now...
    the Swype app just went haywire yesterday...not sure why though. It seemed like it lost it's dictionary and words were just not popping up as it was supposed to. When I have time, I will fiddle with it and read the tutorial again and try to figure it out.

I just remembered...I updated the Adobe Flash on my Nexus One yesterday...it was after that update that my Swype went haywire.

Another game changer?

8pen: Latest attempt to reinvent the mobile keyboard

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3OuCR0EpGo&feature=player_embedded#]YouTube - The 8pen[/ame]!

Wow...that looks like it would have a really steep learning curve. My brain hurts from just watching the video!

Edited to add: Just tried it out...it would take way too long for me to learn how to use this keyboard efficiently, although I can see how it could work well if one put in the time to learn to use it. I'll stick with the swype style keyboards for now.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    tried it for about 2 mins.

Unistalled & refund.

I'll stick to swype and Shapewriter. I been using Shapewriter actually as it's really is more accurate than swype. (personal opinion)
    Androidfied.

OK, two nays...kudos to you two for trying it out though.
    My thumb is too fat for this version of swype...I have switched back to my Smart Keyboard Pro (they should give me a commission for as often as I mention that app on this board :rofl3.
    I have emailed Swype asking "how do I go back to the previous version"; they haven't replied yet.

I tried it out. I love it. It makes a lot of sense. So it has a learning curve. What did you expect? Work with it. Train yourself. Practice making 'a' the 'b' then 'c' ...etc. learn the common simple words. Just do them over and over. Repetition is ALWAYS the key to these things. Keyboarding is just like doing scales on a musical instrument. If you want to get good set up a discipline to really aid your learning and apprehension of the device. You might especially love the write your own gestures feature. My weird initial script is a gesture to type out my name in full.
    Me? I'm in love with it.
    Nexus One :nexusx: FINALY rooted without ending up like this

Got CM7 installed too!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links