swype

This is a discussion on swype within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by AspiringDeveloper I tried it out. I love it. It makes a lot of sense. So it has a learning curve. What did ...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: swype

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AspiringDeveloper View Post
    I tried it out. I love it. It makes a lot of sense. So it has a learning curve. What did you expect? Work with it. Train yourself. Practice making 'a' the 'b' then 'c' ...etc. learn the common simple words. Just do them over and over. Repetition is ALWAYS the key to these things. Keyboarding is just like doing scales on a musical instrument. If you want to get good set up a discipline to really aid your learning and apprehension of the device. You might especially love the write your own gestures feature. My weird initial script is a gesture to type out my name in full.
    Me? I'm in love with it.
    Honestly when Blindtype comes out on Gingerbread, I won't even care about a learning a curve. I'm not going to spend money for something that I can't tell if I would like it more after 24 hrs. Yeah it's a $1 and some change, but there's principles behind buying something and using it. Different strokes for different folks. And this isn't my stroke. Yes it's a different concept, but I don't really like it. There's no way this is faster than Swype or ShapeWriter.
    Androidfied.

The 8pen looks pretty cool, but there's too much of a learning curve from what I can see from the video. I'm real happy with Swiftkey and can't see myself changing keyboards.

Quote Originally Posted by AspiringDeveloper View Post
    I tried it out. I love it. It makes a lot of sense. So it has a learning curve. What did you expect? Work with it. Train yourself. Practice making 'a' the 'b' then 'c' ...etc. learn the common simple words. Just do them over and over. Repetition is ALWAYS the key to these things. Keyboarding is just like doing scales on a musical instrument. If you want to get good set up a discipline to really aid your learning and apprehension of the device. You might especially love the write your own gestures feature. My weird initial script is a gesture to type out my name in full.
    Me? I'm in love with it.
    My thing is I'm already pretty efficient with ShapeWriter, so why should I take the time to practice with this keyboard when in the end I doubt I would be any faster no matter how much I practiced? I'm glad we have choices though and are able to try different input methods...are there even any alternative keyboards available for iPhones? What about Windows Phone 7?

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    tried it for about 2 mins.

Unistalled & refund.
    do u get a refund if u uninstall it??

if so, im definitely tryin it

Quote Originally Posted by wacrack View Post
    tried it for about 2 mins.

Unistalled & refund.
    do u get a refund if u uninstall it??

if so, im definitely tryin it
    Yes, the refund is automatic if you uninstall within the 24 hr period. I uninstalled this morning and within seconds received an email letting me know I received a refund. Maybe if the letters were a little larger I could have gotten more comfortable, but I had too hard a time trying to find them with my finger blocking everything.

Not sure who knows, but there's a new version of Swype out on swype.com You have to redownload the installer. The old one doesn't work. Just found out when I tried to install Swype back on my phone. Oh wow, they added the voice button.

WOO HOO
    Androidfied.

Not sure who knows, but there's a new version of Swype out on swype.com You have to redownload the installer. The old one doesn't work. Just found out when I tried to install Swype back on my phone. Oh wow, they added the voice button.

WOO HOO
    I haven't received an email to the new version. Do you suppose I can just down load and install?

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post

WOO HOO
    I haven't received an email to the new version. Do you suppose I can just down load and install?
    I didn't get an email either. It was just release yesterday.

Swype for Android beta updated | Android Central

You have to go to your myswype account and have the invite email resent to you unless you have the email saved. But you have to uninstall the Installer as well. It'll give you an error.
    Androidfied.

WOO HOO
    I didn't get an email either. It was just release yesterday.

Swype for Android beta updated | Android Central

You have to go to your myswype account and have the invite email resent to you unless you have the email saved. But you have to uninstall the Installer as well. It'll give you an error.
    Thanks Android, through the link I was able to get the new installer and new swype app.

Thanks Android, through the link I was able to get the new installer and new swype app.
    I only found out because I had to update my Swype App after update my ROOTED ROM.....

:rofl3: *hint*
    Androidfied.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links