My Apology To Google re: battery

This is a discussion on My Apology To Google re: battery within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just got off of the phone with Google and HTC. The woman in the Google help center asked me how I felt about getting ...

Thread: My Apology To Google re: battery

My Apology To Google re: battery

I just got off of the phone with Google and HTC. The woman in the Google help center asked me how I felt about getting a free battery when I explained my dilemma. Basically my battery is draining in 10-12 hours of average use. She talked to the HTC service rep and I got a new battery for free!

So I apologize for all the stupid nasty things I said about Google. I guess they're pretty cool after all!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Basically my battery is draining in 10-12 hours of average use.
    Is that mostly standby? Because that's about what I get, but I play with my phone quite a bit throughout the day

A pat on the back for coming back to tell us this. Couldn't have been easy. I hope you'll tone down the rhetoric in the future.

I only get about 8 to 10 hours of heavy usage before I have to charge again.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

After 10-12 hours of average use, I have about 20% left. Well, I guess the definition of "average" can vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_808 View Post
    After 10-12 hours of average use, I have about 20% left. Well, I guess the definition of "average" can vary.
    1st off. I think she was just trying to get me a free battery. Which is much more than I ever expected and very cool.

Secondly I was vague on purpose. Don't want to send a mad rush over to google/htc.

But Yes my average use is pretty light. Whenever I'm at home or a known location, I use wifi. I have very very little call time, and mostly text, but only about 5-20 a day... probably more like 8-10 on average. I have the weather and news widgets running and generally don't use my task killer unless I notice something draining my battery.

I've always felt my battery did less than what most people have described on here.

My usage is about the same as you have defined and my battery life is about the same as well. I find that I use my N1 for music and reading an ebook more than anything else and that I must charge every night or I'll be in trouble after 24 hours. I have pushed my battery very low these last few days, intentionally, but I have not killed it since the first day and initial charge. I would love to have a longer battery life, but I have my wall charger as well as my car charger so it's all good.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links