Three bad N1s in a row. How should Google remedy this?

This is a discussion on Three bad N1s in a row. How should Google remedy this? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I bought my N1 from Google in Febuary. Full retail, no-contract with T-Mobile. On June 28, the power button failed. I couldn't turn the phone ...

Thread: Three bad N1s in a row. How should Google remedy this?

Three bad N1s in a row. How should Google remedy this?

I bought my N1 from Google in Febuary. Full retail, no-contract with T-Mobile.

On June 28, the power button failed. I couldn't turn the phone on.
    I did a warranty swap and got the replacement just before 4th of July weekend.

N1 #2 had a bad camera. It just gave a black screen or FC. I called on Tuesday the 6th to swap that one out. But HTC said they couldn't process another swap until they cleared the first phone. It took them nearly 2 weeks to do that. I just got N1 #3 yesterday.

N1 #3 has a problem too. Its mic doesn't work. Callers can hear me if I use a headset, but not if I use the phone's mic. Same for voice search.

The rep from Google I just spoke to was very apologetic, and said he wanted to fix this once and for all. Yet when I got transferred to HTC, their rep just offered to do another swap. "Send back either phone, and call us back on Monday."

I'm pretty pissed off at HTC, but I really like the Nexus One (when it's working). I don't have a contract with T-mobile, but I don't really want to switch to another carrier.

If you were in my position, what would you ask Google or HTC to do to make me a happy Google/Android/Nexus One Fanboy again?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'd ask for one of those android plush dolls. That would totally make up for anything!!!

I don't know what else to say but that you're super unlucky. What do you think they can do? Give you another phone is about it.

Ask for a spare battery - for all your troubles.

I already have a spare battery, and I'm not in the market for a plush toy.

I think I'll ask Google to send me a brand new, in the retail box, Nexus One. After two bad refurbs in a row, I don't think that's an unreasonable request, given the situation.

Similar deal here. Power button failed. Setup a swap. Swap phone would reboot non stop. So, I had to send it back. Been waiting for them to close the ticket first before they can issue another swap (which is irritating as I'm fine with them putting a hold on my CC for another 529). New 2nd unit is gonna be here on Monday. I'm not holding my breath seeing how you went through 3 already.

When I got a bad swap unit, I sent it right back. While my original phone's power button doesn't work, I was able to "sort of" work around it by installing LockBot app.

I ordered a Nexus One a few weeks ago and it wouldn't stop rebooting out of the box.

I called HTC and my replacement shipped last night and should be here "Monday at the latest."

Here's hoping for some shipping miracle that gets it here today so I can play with it all weekend long!

I am in the same boat as you. I am on my 4th replacement. All of the phones had problems with crackling when the volume on the handset was turned up when I am on a call.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links