Nexus One "LCD" screens on Ebay? Wtf?

This is a discussion on Nexus One "LCD" screens on Ebay? Wtf? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Beer Goggles Originally Posted by dimmakherbs Originally Posted by johnny cizzle the sony has brighter colors where as the samsung has deeper ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nexus One "LCD" screens on Ebay? Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post

the sony has brighter colors where as the samsung has deeper blacks. the sony is more of a cool temperature color. they both look good to me
    LED doesn't use backlight. Blacks are literally black, no light. I would like to see them side by side is there a video? I am suprised an LCD would have more vibrant color than AMOLED
    I think that you are confused. AMOLED is the "vibrate" one as it actually EMITS the colors. Whereas LCD actually BLOCKS the back-lighting to produce colors.

From the every popular Wikipedia: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_crystal_display"]Liquid crystal display - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    "A liquid crystal display (LCD) is a thin, flat [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_visual_display"]electronic visual display[/ame] that uses the light modulating properties of [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_Crystals"]liquid crystals[/ame] (LCs). LCs do not emit light directly."
    The amoled has darker colors. The lcd is brighter, or cooler colors. More blueish If you will
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Maybe you can run the multitouch test on her phone, cause that would be great to know.

Also just wondering if you've compared the battery life. AMOLD is suppose to have better battery life than LCD.

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    Led > lcd....
    Some people get kind of confused by this. "LED" is also sometimes used to describe displays that have an LED backlight but that aren't self emitting. OLED (AMOLED) is self-emitting, similar to Plasma.

So, you can have an "LED" monitor, that uses LCD technology.
    Nexus One: "Hold it any way you want to!"

Quote Originally Posted by chronopc View Post
    Maybe you can run the multitouch test on her phone, cause that would be great to know.

Also just wondering if you've compared the battery life. AMOLD is suppose to have better battery life than LCD.
    it has the same problems with the screen. battery life would be a very limited difference
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Thanks. Good to know.

I just saw a post about HTC making LCD screens for the Nexus and Desire.

HTC makes Super LCD screens for Desire and Nexus One official -- Engadget

So I recently cracked the screen on my launch nexus one and I was looking into buying one of these from eBay, but from what I gather from this thread it is not possible to just replace the Samsung AMOLED screen with the Sony S-LCD? If so, I wonder where I can turn to for help. Does anyone know if HTC still has some AMOLED screens for repairs to older N1s?

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Sooo I just got a new nexus from HTC how do i tell if its LCD or AMOLED.
    +1.

wow. I just FOUND out that the later N1's have the slcd. I just bought one off ebay recently, and I'm interested to know which kind of display it has. My original N1 was an employee phone so that one I know for sure had amoled. So how can you tell? Is it written or shown somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by missnexus View Post
    +1.

wow. I just FOUND out that the later N1's have the slcd. I just bought one off ebay recently, and I'm interested to know which kind of display it has. My original N1 was an employee phone so that one I know for sure had amoled. So how can you tell? Is it written or shown somewhere?
    Search for it on you tube. There are videos up now to show the difference

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by missnexus View Post
    +1.

Search for it on you tube. There are videos up now to show the difference
    Yep, I saw the one where there's two N1's side by side. Hmm I wish I have another N1 to do the comparison with.... But I think based on the articles online of how they are different, i'm convinced mine has amoled.. (which is what I was hoping for!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links