Just out of curiosity...

This is a discussion on Just out of curiosity... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi! Not sure if this is the right section... Feel free to move it mods! I just browsed through the active topic to find a ...

Thread: Just out of curiosity...

Just out of curiosity...

Hi!

Not sure if this is the right section... Feel free to move it mods!

I just browsed through the active topic to find a thread about a LCD screen for the Nexus. It's not TOO surprising since its been said the desire AMOLED supplies are short and S-LCD's are being used to make up for it.

But just out of curiosity: Since the screen can be replaced, is it possible to swap out the clearpad 2000 touch sensor with the new Atmel maXTouch sensor? Finding the right size and parts shouldn't be a problem since the HTC incredible uses both a 3.7" AMOLED and Atmel maXTouch sensors. Or would it be easier to try putting in the internals of the Incredible into the shell of the Nexus?

This is just a thought! I'm really happy with my Nexus one, its a well balanced device but the ONLY thing that makes me think otherwise is the sensor

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just a hunch, but i believe some software modification would be in order if you did. To my understanding, the two devices process touch completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post
    Just a hunch, but i believe some software modification would be in order if you did. To my understanding, the two devices process touch completely different.
    Oh... so kinda like drivers in a PC? Damn =(

That's what I would think. I would think swapping an AMOLED screen for a LCD screen might have a few issues as well (brightness controls, etc) but maybe not. Either way, that ebay post is ridiculous because there's no way any screen costs that much, especially lcd.

Quick search of google and I found an actual OEM AMOLED replacement for $115... so yeah.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links