HELP!!!! Messed up the search button?? Magnifier Button??

This is a discussion on HELP!!!! Messed up the search button?? Magnifier Button?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; This I believe is not unique to any one Android phone, I have had a few, so hopefully someone can help me. U'd think I ...

Thread: HELP!!!! Messed up the search button?? Magnifier Button??

HELP!!!! Messed up the search button?? Magnifier Button??

This I believe is not unique to any one Android phone, I have had a few, so hopefully someone can help me.

U'd think I can help myself

First and most importantly...to someone else, maybe not, but with my retentiveness, I like things the way they go, belong, were, etc

It seems the search (maginifier)button has gotten switched and now, instead of saying what it originally said, like my EVO and like my Samsung, and like THIS Nexus on day one and my roommate's today....where it said "Google Search", now It says "speak into mic" in smaller letters .

I believe I changed a setting to where it puts it onto the clipboard somewhere, but I don'k know how, why, when and where I did it.

I BELIEVE I did it within the Voice Command application

So,

1 Can someone first help me get it back to where it belongs, or to me, where it belongs and where it was day one
    2. Can someone explain to me the difference in Voice Search AND Voice Command . (I know pretty much what Voice Dial is. Although It is not all that effective...that is how I knew this button got messed up because I used that lower right button for that as well, and I noticed it switched. It works far better for voice dial than the specific voice diall functtion. When it gets back to where I want it to be, WHAT EXACTLY IS THAT FUNCTION CALLED.

Thanks so much...I am so sorry for any convenience

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just long press the search key and pick what you want it to do.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

Short press gives google search and a long Press gives voice search

If you no longer get the options on a long-press, then go into application settings, look for Google Search under "All," select it and when it opens, you can clear defaults to get the options for a long-press back.

Thanks to everyone, espec Maris. they all worked. I especially went into apps and deleted defaults and then when I went to hit the search button, it asked me for what I wanted as default.

as I am a conformist LOL LOL, I chose what you said it should be, voice search.

Besides , two things

I dont get the option of long or short press for that button, nor does my buddy.

What , btw, is the difference in the voice search and voice command, can you tell me

I am not sure if I put on a generic first post on this forum, and others, but this is a Samsung Vibrant I am speaking of.

Does that matter, I think not, right? but also, it seems to me that of the three phones I have had the past two months, as I had a problem with 3 N1's, but dont get me wrong, I loved them. But I also had an EVO.

Well, I started to say, and still believe, the Nexus is more like the Samsung Galaxy line than any other two phones arent they

Please dont forget my question about the difference in v command and v search before answering that last one

Thanks
    Eric

When you tap the search key by default it should bring up the search bar,
    And if you long press the search key it should bring the voice/command.

The search bar is a universal search, you can search your contacts, music, apps, messages, and of course the web.
    if you go to settings, search, searchable you can select what content to search, I find it more usable when I uncheck the web since this gets first priority over other content it make it harder for other content to display.
    One nice feature is when you install new app like shazam or weather bugs it adds it's own searchables.

I think both command and voice search are integrate into the same action, if you say "navigate to Starbucks" it will open the turn by turn navigation, and if you say "Starbucks" it will do a Google search for Starbucks, or you can say "call Joe" and you guess it it will call Joe.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links