ATT Galaxy S

This is a discussion on ATT Galaxy S within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Wow. A coworker showed up yesterday with her new phone and needed some "training" on how to operate her new Android phone. So, I had ...

Thread: ATT Galaxy S

ATT Galaxy S

Wow. A coworker showed up yesterday with her new phone and needed some "training" on how to operate her new Android phone. So, I had a chance to share some of the stuff I learned here from you guys and I was very impressed with her Galaxy S.

The keyboard is much more responsive and the screen is very pretty, and big. The feel of the device is nice and the processor is quick. I helped her download a number of apps to get started and explained the Marketplace, etc.

It's my personal opinion that Google messed up when they didn't price the N1 more competitively. I believe that a lower price point would have placed the N1 in the hands of millions more users and extended the retail life of the device. However, the Galaxy is a great phone. I won't be getting one because I paid $500+ for my N1 so I'll be holding onto my phone for more than a few years before I will be able to upgrade, and I'm ok with that as my decision. But the Galaxy S is a nice alternative, especially since the N1 has disappeared from the retail landscape in the U.S.

I should say the the Samsung interface on the Galaxy is much improved over their other devices that I really REALLY don't like. I could live with the Galaxy, if I hadn't chosen my N1. Nice phone.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It's my personal opinion that Google messed up when they didn't price the N1 more competitively
    For an unlocked device, it's priced very competitive. Consider the iphone, it costs $700-$800 out of contract. Google would have given up much more if they would have let carriers control the phone. No one would have been able to realize what Android is capable of.

With zero advertising (besides on their own site), practically no support from carriers, and no stores you could drive to and test out the phone; I actually consider the N1 a great success.

Plus the Nexus One wasn't meant to be in mass customers hands, it was made to forward the advancements of hardware and show the WORLD what android really can do.

i played with my mom's samsung vibrant and yes the screen is great, but other than that, i much prefer my N1.

samsung vibrant has:
    no camera flash
    no noise cancelling mic
    no track pad/track ball
    a lightweight/cheap feel to it

.....NO THANKS!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links