Gallery issues

This is a discussion on Gallery issues within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi. Let's say I've got pictures/movies on my phone, that I don't necessarily want others to see. The native gallery application on my N1 shows ...

Thread: Gallery issues

Gallery issues

Hi.

Let's say I've got pictures/movies on my phone, that I don't necessarily want others to see. The native gallery application on my N1 shows all media stored on the SD-card, apparently.

Is it possible to remove elements from the gallery, without deleting them?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Use "pandora since 2006"

You need to store the pictures/video on your phone under a folder with a period as the first character in the name. For example, call the folder ".private" without the quotes and the gallery won't find them.

Or just place a empty text file called .nomedia in the folder with the pictures you don't want to show. I did this for Icons was annoying to have the Icons showing in the gallery app. I just copied the .nomedia file from a folder that already had one in it for the Foursquare app

Thanks a lot

Smile Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dalavar View Post
    Or just place a empty text file called .nomedia in the folder with the pictures you don't want to show. I did this for Icons was annoying to have the Icons showing in the gallery app. I just copied the .nomedia file from a folder that already had one in it for the Foursquare app
    Is that ".nomedia.txt" or just ".nomedia"

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dalavar View Post
    Is that ".nomedia.txt" or just ".nomedia"
    It is just .nomedia created with a text editor or cheat and look around on your SD card I'm sure one of the programs you have installed has this file in one of the directories that's what I did just copied it to the folder.

Thank you dalavar it doesn't seem to be a TXT file...
    BUT BUT BUT
    i did as you advised

"look around on your SD card I'm sure one of the programs you have installed has this file in one of the directories that's what I did just copied it to the folder." :D

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links