What to do about NexusOneForum.net

This is a discussion on What to do about NexusOneForum.net within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've been talking to DanDroid in the past few days about what to do with NexusOneForum.net Our traffic is obviously on the decline.... despite the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do about NexusOneForum.net

Admin

Exclamation What to do about NexusOneForum.net

I've been talking to DanDroid in the past few days about what to do with NexusOneForum.net

Our traffic is obviously on the decline.... despite the N1 being newly available in other countries, the US is our primary audience and driver.

I fear that NexusOneForum.net will have a slow death spiral and will eventually turn into a dead site. I would hate to see that happen, I think we have a great community here.

We've discussed rolling this site into another one or kind of changing this site to be a generic T-Mobile Android site (ie, it would replace tmodroids.com)

Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas?

We are open to any and all discussion about it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Valid thought you have there..... I'll have to think about it as the only thing that comes to mind is creating a www.redheadedstepchildandroid.net site....:D

I anticipated this, and so started this thread:

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...one-think.html

Admin
    WERA, looks like that poll is pretty obvious We will keep the site the same for now.

Also, I wonder if we gave people a choice, copy this site to tmodroids.com and update the look and feel of it to be T-Mobile specific and people can kind of keep an eye on both?

It would certainly ease any possible future transition; but let's not forget that this device also exists on AT&T, Vodafone, and numerous Canadian providers. We don't want to leave anyone using a Nexus with nowhere to go!

And thanks! I wish we'd gotten a more complete response--only 60 out of 10,500 members is not the most thorough response, being less than 1%. But I do think the reasons given by those that DID respond are very valid and well stated.

And thanks to the responders, as well. Y'all helped save our home :D

I've tried to figuring this out as well. It seems all of the nexus one forums that used to be quite active are starting to die down alot. I guess I think it's based on the fact that there really isn't anything more to talk about for the nexus one. Yeah there are some updates here or there but overall the really hot topics are already answered. The forums now are great for newbies that have questions but the topics to speak about are really lacking.

The only way I would think to really keep the forum going is to make it a great environment for people to come to and maybe for the moderators/administrator to be more active in the forums coming up with good topic threads that get people talking alot or making the forum more about android in general instead of just the nexus one.

It's weird because the iPhone forums didn't suffer from this dying off effect that android phone forums do. This might be because of the much larger user base since everyone has the same phone instead of split up between different forums. I think another reason is because Apple is a good enemy to fight against with the jailbreaking community. With Android phones rooting doesn't have the same sort of fighting the bad guy feeling like it does with Apple. Rooting is pretty easy for the Nexus One so it's not really anything to talk about.

Just my thoughts so far. I will think about it more and let you guys know
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    I don't think you could put the Dell Streak in your pockets without your pants falling down. Maybe that's why they call it "Streak", cuz every time you put it in your pockets, you end up going streaking.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Whatever happens, here's to my one and only site I depend on for my nexus one info and updates.

Wouldn't have it any other way. I love this site and have gained so much useful info here.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Whatever happens, here's to my one and only site I depend on for my nexus one info and updates.

Wouldn't have it any other way. I love this site and have gained so much useful info here.
    to that!

WERA is right. I wouldn't want to be forgot about, as I am on AT&T. These forums are very friendly and is usually first to have any news regarding the Nexus One and other related material.

We have a very kind community here. Something you don't often get among forums. =) :nexusx:

I know the site is mainly US based but there are a few on here from the UK. The Nexus is still on sale here from Vodafone.

I would hate to see things go carrier specific

Red face USA is not the World

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    It would certainly ease any possible future transition; but let's not forget that this device also exists on AT&T, Vodafone, and numerous Canadian providers. We don't want to leave anyone using a Nexus with nowhere to go!

And thanks! I wish we'd gotten a more complete response--only 60 out of 10,500 members is not the most thorough response, being less than 1%. But I do think the reasons given by those that DID respond are very valid and well stated.

And thanks to the responders, as well. Y'all helped save our home :D
    I toast to Your and the N1F's Continued Long Life!
    Cheers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links